Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Christie Cine-IPM2k and HDCP

Author Topic: Christie Cine-IPM2k and HDCP
Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 08-07-2013 03:55 AM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Note 3 at the bottom of page 2-6 of the Cine-IPM manual says:

3) With v1.1 software, digitally encrypted source material (HDCP) cannot be processed and will be displayed as a blank screen.

Also, in the DVI-I (INPUT 2) section of the specifications on page 6-3 it says:

Does not support HDCP. For all other DVI specifications see see Analog: RGB / YPbPr on previous page.

Note 3 is rather odd, since it's in a section dealing with analogue signals, RGB and YPbPr, which obviously have nothing to do with HDCP.

A currently out of use digital system is being re-installed and brought back into use soon, probably in September, and the question has been raised as to whether it is capable of showing HDCP material.

I've searched, but can find no definite answer on this, nor if it is possible what the minimal software version required is. I assume that as part of the re-installation the software would be upgraded to the latest version, but would this enable HDCP?

I have some HDCP protected material which I could test it with, but cannot do this until the equipment has been re-installed, and even then getting access to it will probably not be easy, as the venue will still be closed for some time after this.

|  IP: Logged

Pete Naples
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-07-2013 04:23 AM      Profile for Pete Naples   Email Pete Naples   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Never seen an IPM handle HDCP at all.

It's probably time to pension it off.

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 08-07-2013 05:18 AM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Pete, I'll pass the message on.

No chance of replacing it; there's basically zero money available to do anything at the moment, beyond getting the equipment re-installed, which I'm told is happening soon.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 08-07-2013 04:29 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On our old serries 1 machines we use the HDFury

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: