Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Which Series-1 TI Processing boards support Cinelink II TLS?

Author Topic: Which Series-1 TI Processing boards support Cinelink II TLS?
Mattias Mattsson
Film Handler

- posted 05-16-2013 10:13 AM      Profile for Mattias Mattsson   Email Mattias Mattsson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As far as I can tell these are the different available variants of TI Processing boards for series 1 machines:

Series-1 (Type 1)
Series-1A (Type 2) Gennum based 292 Deserializer
Series-1S (Type 3) Trusted platform module enabled (first DCI upgrade)
Series-1S (Type 4) HDCP enabled
Series-1S (Type 5) HDCP enabled with security enclosure (Gore)
Series-1S (Type 6) DVI with security enclosure. These are Type 3 boards, with Security enclosure added - retrofitted - but WITHOUT HDCP (is only put into the field as spare component of type 3 boards)

I can confirm that type 4, 5 and 6 works with Cinelink II TLS.

How about Cinelink II TLS with Series-1S Type 3? Does it work? And Series-1S Type 2?

|  IP: Logged

Daniel Morez
Film Handler

- posted 08-12-2013 03:29 PM      Profile for Daniel Morez   Email Daniel Morez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From my relatively limited CineLink experience, Ive found the following trend,

Series-1A (Type 2) No, not compatible

Series-1S (Type 3) Yes, compatible

I would actually be surprised if there weren't exceptions to this out there. This is what Ive noticed across a couple dozen S1 units, mostly NEC and Barco.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 08-13-2013 05:18 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just recently ran into a Type 4 system (Christie CP2000-ZX) where Cinelink TLS didn't work. I was rather surprised. I'm wondering if this was related to the lost certificate issue on some TI boards.

Mattias Mattsson
Film Handler

- posted 08-15-2013 05:05 PM      Profile for Mattias Mattsson   Email Mattias Mattsson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve, this is very interesting! Were you able to retrieve the certificate with the TI "DLP Cinema Control Program" on this Type 4 board? (and was this file non-empty / not corrupted?)

Steve Guttag

- posted 08-16-2013 12:03 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't even attempt it. It wasn't until an afterthought I wondered why. The system didn't need TLS but to verify I wouldn't have a problem in the future, I changed the Cinelink mode to check it and saw the problem. I put it back to Cinelink 2 DH and moved on.

Marin Zorica
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-23-2014 06:54 PM      Profile for Marin Zorica   Email Marin Zorica   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting post.....i have one Barco series 1 (DP1200) and dolby DSS200 running 4.4.2, when it boots up it says "error securing connection between show and projector".....now, i checke all things double time, and all is okay, even did all on default ip's and run projector to them, dss200 sees projector sice it has it under system and cues are readed from projector.....but since dolby was used and Cinelink II TLS, barco has 1S (type 5) board....but still, could this be a problem?

EDIT: I discovered that i can't get cerficate from projector when trying, so probably would need to run certificate recovery

Steve Guttag

- posted 06-23-2014 08:05 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As a follow up...I eventually found the problem with some help of both Christie and Dolby. The problem, as it turned out, was the CAT862 You could verify that the certificate was there. Reinstalling the CAT862 software and checking "reinstall all components" "fixed" the problem. Now all is well.

Here one thing to note, this was a Dolby 3D system so I saved all of the CAT862 settings (3D color) prior to reinstalling it...all was good...when I reloaded the CAT862 settings from that file...it once again would not connect to the projector! This time I saved just the 3D settings to a txt file from the 3D configuration page...reinstalled the CAT862 software checking "install all components" ...once again got it working. Then loaded the 3D settings from the text file...everything works and the 3D color is properly corrected.

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 05-05-2016 12:06 PM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 681 days since the last post.

Greg Routenburg
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-05-2016 12:06 PM      Profile for Greg Routenburg   Email Greg Routenburg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've got a question related to the Type 3 boards that can't successfully retrieve the Cinelink II certificate using the TI Control Program. With the Type 5 style boards with the security enclosure, I was always able to run the Certificate Retrieval update and that solved the problem but they expressly say not to do this on anything without the enclosure. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way to perform the same fix on a non-Gore style interface board. I've got a handful of them that don't want to play nice with TLS.

Steve Guttag

- posted 05-05-2016 12:08 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What version of TI software are you on? I want to say you need to be back to 14.0 to run the certificate retrieval before you do the update to 15.1 but it has been a while since I had to go through that.

Greg Routenburg
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-05-2016 12:38 PM      Profile for Greg Routenburg   Email Greg Routenburg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
These boards are all running 14.0

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 05-05-2016 02:41 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barco (or maybe TI?) have a very clear flowchart on what to do and what not to do if you cannot retrieve the certificate.
The "retrieval" is in fact the installation of a special firmware which recovers the certificate. Then it goes back to the original firmware. I did it only once but on a Gore board which would not do TLS.

Steve Guttag

- posted 05-05-2016 04:43 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What server are you using?

Greg Routenburg
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-10-2016 12:19 PM      Profile for Greg Routenburg   Email Greg Routenburg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So strangest thing, when I went through them the first time the TI Control Program wouldn't retrieve the certificate. Since I've not been able to find any reference to a recovery procedure for the Type 3 boards, on a whim I tried retrieving the certificates again and on the second attempt they all worked. I tried again the next day to make sure it wasn't a fluke and they continued to work. I'm honestly a little baffled but it appears that the problem solved itself. Thanks all for the replies.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: