Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Server disconnect on NEC 4k lamp strike

Author Topic: Server disconnect on NEC 4k lamp strike
James Crowley
Film Handler

- posted 05-05-2013 07:10 AM      Profile for James Crowley         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, does anyone have a problem with their server going into transport error when an NEC 4k strikes? This is with a Dolby (862 and 745) and I've heard it happens on doremis as well. Ferrite blocks have been placed in every available place and the server has been put to one side of the projector. I have a theory that there is a momentary power loss to the whole projector when the lamp strikes, so quick that its not noticeable but most equipment but enough to disturb the servers secure connection

|  IP: Logged

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 05-05-2013 08:44 AM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you tried putting the server on a UPS or different circuit?

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 05-05-2013 09:22 AM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The 745 gets power from the projector itself, the 862 doesn't. If a DSS200 with an 862 loses communication with the projector when the lamp strike, there must be some sort of power surge or some sort of interference that disrupts Ethernet communications.

Try pinging the projector from the server and strike the lamp, see if you get packet loss when you do it.

I would look into the ignitor and maybe make sure the lamp wick is not too close to the mirror or to anything metallic.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 05-05-2013 10:06 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
None of my NEC/Dolby systems have issues when the lamp strikes. At the moment, they are all CAT 862 though...no CAT 745s in my NECs.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: