Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » My first youtube video-How to Make DCP

Author Topic: My first youtube video-How to Make DCP
Yinghong Wu
Film Handler

- posted 04-29-2013 12:27 PM      Profile for Yinghong Wu   Email Yinghong Wu   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is my first Tutorials video about making Digital Cinema Package.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhVbmDTPYbI
Enjoy it. [beer]

|  IP: Logged

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 04-29-2013 09:03 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would prefer to read an instruction manual than sit through that video.

Even without a manual, it might still be easier and faster to just experiment and "figure it out" on my own. It would definitely be more fun and interesting.

One improvement would be to speak in one language, and use subtitles for the other. It would be more efficient. Or, skip the voiceover completely and just use video to illustrate the steps.

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 04-29-2013 11:20 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a good start. It does explain the process all right but I agree with the dual language issue.

Speaking in one language and subtitling the other would also shorten the video. For on-line tutorials, short and sweet is better.

Let me make a general statement about on-line tutorials:
I hate it when the person simply makes a screencast with voiceover. I especially hate it when the screencast isn't well rehearsed. It drives me crazy when the person makes you watch while he says, "Now we're going to... Ummm... Oops..."
Just edit out the mistakes.

The perfect on-line tutorial would not be a simple screencast. It would best be done by a narration recorded seperately from the video and the screencast edited to fit the narration.

I'm sure you all know the cliche about the way people give bad lectures with PowerPoint. Don't give a PowerPoint lecture and talk over the computer. Use the PowerPoint to illustrate the lecture.

Same principle applies here.

Like I said, good start. However, when I see tutorials done with nothing but screencast, I often find myself scrolling ahead and skipping the chatter in order to get to the thing I want to know about.

Yinghong Wu
Film Handler

- posted 04-30-2013 12:03 AM      Profile for Yinghong Wu   Email Yinghong Wu   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
THX for Suggestions,I will improve my english speaking and do the better video.

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 04-30-2013 02:20 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes, speaking will clarify things.

But take a look at this video as an example of a training video that doesn't rely on words.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: