Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » NEC NC2000C Bulb selection

Author Topic: NEC NC2000C Bulb selection
Steven J Hart
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-23-2013 10:58 AM      Profile for Steven J Hart   Author's Homepage   Email Steven J Hart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm currently running a Philips LTIX-2000W-HEHS in this projector. The screen is only 24' wide with a very long throw @ 116 ft. The bulb is nearing the end of warranty life, and is often running at 102% - 106% to achieve proper screen illumination. A neighboring theater has the same projector on a similar size screen with a shorter focal length lens and he is only having to run around 85% to get the same brightness. A couple questions come to mind.
1: is the 85-142 mm Konica-Minolta lens a light hog?
2: would it be better for me to be running a 3K bulb at lower percentage instead of running the 2K so high?

|  IP: Logged

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 04-23-2013 02:27 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check out Ushios new offerings. They have multiple lamp types now with the same current rating - higher light output, longer runtime, whatever you prefer.

- Carsten

Steven J Hart
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-24-2013 05:08 PM      Profile for Steven J Hart   Author's Homepage   Email Steven J Hart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the reply Carsten. Any idea if the longer focal length lenses are less light efficient?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: