Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Barco Lamp Error Code (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Barco Lamp Error Code
Michael Harlow
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-21-2013 06:26 PM      Profile for Michael Harlow   Email Michael Harlow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello!
Projector: Barco DP2K-19B
Lamp: Philips 3kw

Error code #5647

Tonight after about 1hr 30mins our picture was flickering randomly, going brighter and dimmer, then stabilised.
Another 10mins and it went off. indicator light on back of projector was red.
Looked at error log, all it says is #5647 lamp off due to an error
after about 3 mins the light went green and i started the lamp, although flickering slightly we finished the show.
no mention of high temp or anything like that
480 hours on the lamp.
decided to run the show again while we were cleaning... no problems at all.
Any thoughts?
Should i change the lamp?
Projector is 4 months old.
Thanks in advance

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 04-21-2013 06:49 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since you say it is a Philips...I'd start there...it is likely a bad lamp. You'll get that error code anytime a lamp doesn't stay lit.

That said, check ALL of your connections REAL well.

Kris Verhanneman
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-22-2013 12:52 AM      Profile for Kris Verhanneman   Email Kris Verhanneman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check if your lamp isn't running at the minimal power. If so add power. (A trick we try with another brand of xenon bulbs)

Michael Harlow
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-22-2013 06:08 AM      Profile for Michael Harlow   Email Michael Harlow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi There,
Thank you for your replies.
I decided to look at the Barco diagnostics late last night, with a "show" running, i noticed the lamp power was near at 3000w, then it dropped down to around 2200w for the next hour or so.
I will have a look again today and check connections etc.
Just out of interest, how do you add more power to the lamp?
Thank you
Michael

Steve Guttag

- posted 04-22-2013 06:49 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it is a sudden drop (though a tail light change should also occur)...it could be a power supply dropping out. Barcos will run with a missing supply, by design. But it should say that one or more supplies are missing.

Kris Verhanneman
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-22-2013 11:15 AM      Profile for Kris Verhanneman   Email Kris Verhanneman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To add to the requested power.
It might be a sliding bar from x to 255 witch you can place higher to the 255 or the requested CLO where you can add a bit.

If it is a power module that is breaking down you should get a message that gives you a warning (or find it in the log files of the Barco).

When the lamp fails the next time check the error message. If there is no lps message then you need to replace the xenon lamp.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 04-22-2013 02:14 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well of course the drop from 3kW to 2.2 kW could be intentionally by SPL to accomodate for flat/scope/3D whatever. If it happens unplanned right within a feature, I guess I would call Barco and/or replace the bulb.

- Carsten

Michael Harlow
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-23-2013 04:43 PM      Profile for Michael Harlow   Email Michael Harlow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi There,
I thought i'd just pop back and let you know how we are proceeding.

Yesterday, watching "lamp power" on the barco communicator, most of the time it was around 2400w, screen FL was about 13, target 14, it dropped to 4FL more than once and the picture was flickering badly, the CLO then increased power to around 2990w, 18FL on screen then dropped again.
I am changing the lamp shortly and have logged a fault with DCinex..
Michael

Manuel Acevedo Civantos
Film Handler

- posted 04-24-2013 08:05 AM      Profile for Manuel Acevedo Civantos   Author's Homepage   Email Manuel Acevedo Civantos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Having similar problems, lamps not turning on, and a couple going off in the middle of the show.
Changing from CLO to Normal mode seemed to help, as it avoids the power roller coaster.
All lamps are ASL, and have been blamed for the problem. Let's see what happens when we change to Osram as recommended.
Christie's are not having a problem, but not sure what lamps are in use. Maintenance has been... fuzzy.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 04-24-2013 12:01 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
USHIO bulbs for your 3k usage. Best bulbs for BARCO units.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 04-24-2013 12:52 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Manuel, whoever "recommended" Osram lamps for your Barco is an idiot. We have had almost every one of those crappy things fail pre-warranty. Buy USHIO lamps if you want any sort of performance from the Barcos.

Manuel Acevedo Civantos
Film Handler

- posted 04-26-2013 03:53 PM      Profile for Manuel Acevedo Civantos   Author's Homepage   Email Manuel Acevedo Civantos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, they recommended Ushio but sent Osram.
By now, I'm just trying to figure my actual situation, as I just recently took over this tasks. I keep finding spare lamps around the corners.

Thanks!

Brian D. Whitish
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-27-2013 02:39 AM      Profile for Brian D. Whitish   Email Brian D. Whitish   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How are Phillips lamps? Thats what we are using at Landmark. I would prefer Ushio because of the great life we got from their bulbs on our Strong Super 80's.

Michael Harlow
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-29-2013 01:06 PM      Profile for Michael Harlow   Email Michael Harlow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello!
I thought I would just log back in to tell you how we are getting on.
Well, it seems our "CLO Board" has (or had) failed, thus causing the problems.
Hopefully when that is replaced, the problem will be resolved.
I have taken on board the comments regarding Osram and Philips lamps.. I will try and get an "Ushio" lamp next time.
Thank you all once again.

Steve Guttag

- posted 04-29-2013 09:43 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you on Barco 1.9.104? If not, give that a try before declaring the CLO to be bad...there was a fix for the CLO in 1.9

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: