Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Export content from Server to USB or HDD

Author Topic: Export content from Server to USB or HDD
Nguyen Jack
Film Handler

- posted 04-01-2013 11:47 AM      Profile for Nguyen Jack   Email Nguyen Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm using server GDC SA2000AR, would you like to export content from server to USB o HDD?
Pls help.

|  IP: Logged

James Crowley
Film Handler

- posted 04-01-2013 05:38 PM      Profile for James Crowley         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have any experience on this type of server, however using dolby dss200's I changed my laptop static IP to a content IP of a non existent screen at a cinema with a TMS system. The TMS then saw my laptop as another show store and using FileZilla I was able to access every servers showstore. I could then pull all the content I wanted.

Barry Floyd
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-02-2013 10:30 AM      Profile for Barry Floyd   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Floyd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can this be done? Would be nice to be able to store feature files for times when we bring something back without having to pay shipping charges again. I have the same server(s).

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 04-02-2013 12:33 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes it can be done. How it is done will vary from brand to brand and access is easier on some than others. Note too, typically, once content has been parse for a particular server brand, it will not necessarily work on another brand but should be able to be reloaded to the same brand.

In the case of Dolby, they will let one move content back onto a CRU drive.

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 04-02-2013 04:22 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the issue was only with Dolby Server, which do not use nor the packing list (.PKL) nor the Assetmap, deleting them when the content is ingested. After that stage, the content wouldn't work on a doremi for example. But I thought vice-versa would work.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: