Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » GDC Server Certificate

Author Topic: GDC Server Certificate
Marcial Feliciano Ramos
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-12-2013 07:57 PM      Profile for Marcial Feliciano Ramos   Email Marcial Feliciano Ramos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can I extract directly from our servers the certificate for creating KDMs or I have to contact GDC so they supply them to us?

Thanks

|  IP: Logged

Phil Ranucci
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-12-2013 10:22 PM      Profile for Phil Ranucci   Email Phil Ranucci   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe that you need to send the server serial # to GDC and they will send you the cert that goes to the labs.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 03-13-2013 08:12 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Contact cert@gdc-tech.com and ask for the public key certificate needed to create KDMs. Include the server eSN serial number and location in your request. This is how the distributors get the certs, and the public key data is of course designed to be public so there isn't any real security risk. The encryption method is also public knowledge (although not exactly easy to understand), again having a server cert doesn't help with the task of finding the private key securely stored in the media block.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: