Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Slow Doremi TMS ingest

Author Topic: Slow Doremi TMS ingest
Jannette McQueen
Film Handler

- posted 03-11-2013 08:57 PM      Profile for Jannette McQueen   Email Jannette McQueen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As the topic says, I am having trouble with my Doremi TMS. Since we had our update for HFR (for The Hobbit), our ingests by the CRU bays have been super slow, like 5 hours for one movie to ingest.

The TMS software version is 2.0.2.

This week I'd like to try using the USB to ingest movies, just to see if it makes any difference. But I haven't had an opportunity before now (I've been away from work for quite a while).

I just spent my shift on sunday clearing out old clips off the TMS and the individual auditorium servers, but even before that it's not as though the server was getting full. It was at about 40% of it's capacity.

This problem has been mentioned to our technicians, but even with all the theatres they take care of, they haven't heard of this happening.

Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions as to what I can try to do to correct this, I'd really appreciate it. We're at a loss here.

|  IP: Logged

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 03-11-2013 09:40 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you do a server reboot - with total shutdown and restart .. to clear out 'stale' memory that resides in all servers?

Why it's a good idea to do this cold boot option once a week to keep things fresh at all times.

Jannette McQueen
Film Handler

- posted 03-13-2013 12:30 AM      Profile for Jannette McQueen   Email Jannette McQueen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They have been doing this every thursday morning. Over the course of the week it gets worse and worse. A couple weeks ago though, the reboot didn't seem to have any effect. This past week it didn't get done so I didn't see if that improved it's performance at all.

I'll be interested to see how this week goes.

Matthew Philp
Film Handler

- posted 03-13-2013 05:42 AM      Profile for Matthew Philp   Email Matthew Philp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you using the Doremi ingest unit with your TMS? I had simular problems, but managed to track it down to a faulty esata port on the back of the ingest unit. After i replaced this, it worked fine again.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 03-13-2013 05:10 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since you have a TMS, I assume you have a NOC connected since the TMS is usually only in VPF locations - where a NOC is required. Call them and report the problem. Follow up with them if you don't get some answer in a day. You can call Doremi tech support directly and send them a diags package from the TMS but sometimes going directly to Doremi peeves the NOC techs so I would call them first.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: