Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Dolby DSS100/DSS200 default password

Author Topic: Dolby DSS100/DSS200 default password
Aleksandar Obradovic
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-11-2013 03:47 PM      Profile for Aleksandar Obradovic   Email Aleksandar Obradovic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guys,

I need little help from you. Can someone tell me is there some default admin/root password for Dolby servers like Doremi have?

I am working as cinema technology assistant for one cinema chain and we acquired/bought some other smaller cinemas with dolby servers.

If there is such password then i will ask our integrator for this.

BR

|  IP: Logged

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 03-11-2013 07:30 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There must a root password but mere mortals like me don't get it. What do you need the root account for?
There are a lot of accounts preconfigured, "config" and "unconfig" automatically run a script and really don't do anything else, others have various limited powers... but none have close to full root access.
To me it looks like the DSS software is locked down tight and you're not invited to look under the hood.

Aleksandar Obradovic
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-12-2013 03:31 AM      Profile for Aleksandar Obradovic   Email Aleksandar Obradovic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
until the end of march we have to change ip addressing schema adn various other settings in all cinemas. And for later me and my colleague will be in charge for 5-6 multiplexes each-other.

Maybe you know some other way to change various setting in DSS except this one with root/admin privileges?

BR

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 03-12-2013 04:13 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you run the "Install" disc of whatever version the server is on...you'll be back to factory defaults on the passwords. It wouldn't surprise me if running an unconfig script would also allow this.

Setting IPs can be done with just the config script and its password cannot be changed so if you are trained/authorized for such a process, you should be able to do it already.

Aleksandar Obradovic
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-12-2013 06:31 AM      Profile for Aleksandar Obradovic   Email Aleksandar Obradovic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve,

Tnx for info. It was a while since i played around with Dolby servers and that is the main problem. I forgot almost everything. For last couple of years i've only played with Doremi and Barco Solo G3 servers.

Also as i can remember if i run Install disc for Dolby i will lost everything so i have to setup entire server from scratch and also upload new content because Install will reinit RAID.

Am i right about this?

BR

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 03-12-2013 10:35 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are correct...there will be no content. I have default content with me on my laptop so that blanks and such can be loaded onto any server. If you have another server in the booth and a CRU drive (any CRU...so long as there is some space left on it)...you can bounce the needed default content off onto that and after you run the Install disc, put the default content back on.

Passwords should not be given out in public forums. They are passwords for a reason. If one is really authorized to gain access to something, there will be a legitimate path for attaining the necessary password(s).

Aleksandar Obradovic
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-12-2013 12:54 PM      Profile for Aleksandar Obradovic   Email Aleksandar Obradovic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve,

As i wrote before i didn't asked for passwords but just for info is there something like default pass so I can ask for it through regular channels because am authorized for such jobs and i just have to ask proper people.

Main problem was that almost all of my knowledge regarding Dolby has left into the oblivion [Smile]
If you are not doing something from time to time you will forgot it and I don't like to nag people (our biz partners/integrators) because i know that they do not have enough time for me except if it is a black screen problem.

I it is easier to ask some smarter then me over here especially if there is no rush. If you know what i mean. [Smile]

BR

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 03-12-2013 05:20 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You just have to run the config script and enter your new IP configuration. That won't affect the content on the server. If you can get the DSS200 installation manual all the info - passwords etc - is in there. Just get a dolbysecure password from the nice folks at Dolby.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: