Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Hang on server Dolby when we usb IMB - cat 745

Author Topic: Hang on server Dolby when we usb IMB - cat 745
Marcus Nguyen
Film Handler

- posted 03-06-2013 01:24 AM      Profile for Marcus Nguyen   Email Marcus Nguyen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I use IMB- cat 745 with dss220 and dss200. now I got the hang on server when I running the show, i must reboot the system for fix this one. Does this is the issue of firmware?
Could we have any solution for this one?

|  IP: Logged

Wolfgang Woehl
Film Handler

- posted 03-06-2013 02:11 AM      Profile for Wolfgang Woehl   Author's Homepage   Email Wolfgang Woehl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rule #1 for all IMBs: Make sure you're running the latest software version.

Check if you can still reproduce after upgrading your IMB software. Then get in touch with Dolby tech support and file a bug with them.

Kris Verhanneman
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-06-2013 04:23 AM      Profile for Kris Verhanneman   Email Kris Verhanneman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Marcus, can you post what version you are running and what just happens?
For some the projector brand could be usefull information.

Rohmat Iswanto
Film Handler

- posted 04-20-2013 07:46 AM      Profile for Rohmat Iswanto   Email Rohmat Iswanto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi, i am new here.. which i know you must start projector firs than server on start up .. same with doremi imb..

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 04-20-2013 09:20 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dolby version 4.6.0 (31) is not issued for the CAT 745/DSS. I strongly suggest upgrading to it.

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 04-20-2013 12:57 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm always disappointed that Dolby does not have a newsletter or some kind of alerts on their web. I always come to know about new versions from FT... [Frown]

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 04-20-2013 05:14 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I meant to say that it was NOW issued.

I agree that it would be nice if there was a mailing list for updates. However, Barco seems to be the best on alerting people on their updates. Note...most (and I agree) that updates are not things to necessarily jump on. With newer products, especially within the first 6 months of release, updates are just about mandatory for reliable operation. While companies do beta test...it isn't until a product goes live that all of the other scenarios show up the flaws that were not caught in beta.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: