Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Don't ingest the OZ drive you already received (and probably already ingested)

Author Topic: Don't ingest the OZ drive you already received (and probably already ingested)
Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 03-03-2013 10:22 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got the following email from Deluxe. I already ingested it though, considering all their drives come with a note begging you to INGEST THIS CONTENT RIGHT AWAY.

quote:
Dear Theatre Operator,

According to our records you have already received your hard drive of Oz: The Great And Powerful. Unfortunately, this is NOT the final version, and keys that will be sent will not work for it. Do not ingest this drive. We will be sending in UPS to
pick up this drive on Monday 3/4; please give it to them when the driver arrives with the pick-up tag.

We are shipping you the Final version, it will arrive on Tuesday 3/5 via UPS. We will email you more information about the contents of the new drive on Monday.

Thank you,
Deluxe Management

Deluxe Digital Cinema | 877-272-3870 |
ddchelp@bydeluxe.com<mailto:ddchelp@bydeluxe.com> |
http://digitalcinema.bydeluxe.com<http://digitalcinema.bydeluxe.com/>

|  IP: Logged

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 03-04-2013 12:16 AM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Makes you wonder what actually happened. Is the content in the DCP defective or did they actually do some last minute changes to the movie itself?

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 03-04-2013 11:28 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know -- it ingested fine. Probably a typo in the credits or something like that.

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-04-2013 12:00 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I ingested it. It will remain on the server until I get the new hard drive.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 03-04-2013 06:10 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Same here, although they say the keys will not open the content from the first drive they sent out.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 03-04-2013 06:57 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Dennis Benjamin
I ingested it.
You might want to see a doctor about that.

(sorry...had to)

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 03-04-2013 08:05 PM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice.

In 35mm speak: "We're sending you a new reel #7."

Jack Ondracek
Film God

- posted 03-05-2013 04:18 PM      Profile for Jack Ondracek   Author's Homepage   Email Jack Ondracek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got the first (old, white barcode) version Yesterday... ingested same. Change letters started coming in Yesterday evening. Got another note through my booker this morning.

New (yellow barcode) drive came in today, as did KDMs.

Whatever the problem was, I hope it was worth the cost of burning & reshipping however many of them they sent out there... certainly a lot for a typo, if that was the case!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: