Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Doremi DCP 2000 deleting problem

Author Topic: Doremi DCP 2000 deleting problem
Amanda Mundin
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-26-2013 07:07 AM      Profile for Amanda Mundin   Email Amanda Mundin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The last two films I have deleted from our Doremi server have shown very little more available space, when I know they should have freed up a lot of space, one was The Hobbit which should be in the region of 260gb and the other Monsters Inc at 173gb. After deleting Monsters Inc, on the ingest screen it suggested it had only freed up about 10gb of space, we have been running the server for over 5 years and haven't come across this problem before. The films aren't showing up as still on the server, have the films not deleted properly or might the available space be reading wrong?

|  IP: Logged

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 02-26-2013 09:48 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Which software version is the Doremi running?

- Carsten

Amanda Mundin
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-26-2013 01:56 PM      Profile for Amanda Mundin   Email Amanda Mundin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It turns out to be a simple fix, went to Diagnostic Tool, Storage, Analyze and ran Disc Cleanup. I was aware that the system held onto some unneeded files, but after running the Disc Cleanup it got rid of in the region of 700gb of unneeded files, had no idea it would hold onto that much.

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 02-27-2013 02:53 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Correct. You need to run that every now and then.

Steve R Pike
Film Handler

- posted 03-17-2013 03:14 PM      Profile for Steve R Pike   Email Steve R Pike   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Amanda - I had the same problem when I deleted The Hobbit after the final showing. The space available didn't seem to budge!

I deleted the feature via CineLister - but, for some reason, it actually didn't fully delete it.

We found a nifty tool when we had an upgrade under Control Panel > Content Manager. This lists everything that has been loaded onto the server and you can delete the items. This was where I found that the Hobbit was actually still loaded - quick delete and space suddenly appeared.

Incidently - does anyone know how to delete a feature after it has been shown without having to re-boot the server? If I am showing a film and it's the last showing - I want to delete it right away. However when I come to delete it, because it's the last played playlist - it won't let me. The only way I can is if I reboot the server (so that the 'playback' tab is clear - no current playlist) and then I can delete? Anyone know how I can do this without this reboot?

[Smile]

Lindsay Ross
Film Handler

- posted 03-17-2013 04:30 PM      Profile for Lindsay Ross   Email Lindsay Ross   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Steve,
I create a playlist with an advert, then play it manually.
Once it's started to play you can delete the feature without restarting the server.

Aleksandar Obradovic
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-11-2013 03:26 PM      Profile for Aleksandar Obradovic   Email Aleksandar Obradovic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or you can simply eject SPL from playback tab and then remove CPL. i tried it at new doremi sw version.

BR Alexander

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 04-11-2013 07:02 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And you can not delete a DCP that's in a future schedule. But you should be able to delete one if it's not loaded: you may have to hit "new" in editor to bring up a blank playlist. I have come across a situation where the server had to be rebooted though, I suppose some flag was not cleared properly.

Aleksandar Obradovic
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-12-2013 12:25 PM      Profile for Aleksandar Obradovic   Email Aleksandar Obradovic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hopefully it is not windows with his "file locked by process" problem/bug [Smile]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: