Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Embedded SDI audio to CP650

Author Topic: Embedded SDI audio to CP650
Matthias Grausgruber
Film Handler

- posted 02-26-2013 03:43 AM      Profile for Matthias Grausgruber   Email Matthias Grausgruber   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello!

do you know a not-to-expensive way to get embedded 6ch audio from sdi to a cp650. we do have a doremi aud-d2a D/A-converter and/or 6.3mm jack input for the ext6ch.

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 02-26-2013 06:10 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You will need a SDI audio de-embedder like the ones from Black Magic Design or AJA.

http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/miniconverters/models

http://www.aja.com/en/products/mini-converters/hd10am/#overview

Matthias Grausgruber
Film Handler

- posted 02-26-2013 07:29 AM      Profile for Matthias Grausgruber   Email Matthias Grausgruber   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i need 6 channels for 5.1 playback.

Blackmagic Converter: only 4ch analog out, 8ch only with aes/ebu... i'll need aes/ebu to analog converter

AJA HD10AM: has a DB25 connector, should be working with the doremi AUD-D2A?? so i could use existing wiring...

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 02-26-2013 09:33 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Blackmagic AES/EBU -> AUD-D2A. You just need to make your own cable. TRS->DB25

At least according to my datasheets, the HD10AM DB25 output is compatible with the AUD-D2A, so a 1:1 cable should do.

It's a bit more expensive than the BMD, but it also offers more functionality. Most of which you will probably never need.

- Carsten

Matthias Grausgruber
Film Handler

- posted 03-01-2013 07:27 AM      Profile for Matthias Grausgruber   Email Matthias Grausgruber   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TRS->DB25: DB25 cabel with audio jacks... that's it? great!!

thanks a lot for your advice!!

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 03-01-2013 11:51 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What he meant was:

SDI-> <BMD SDI to Audio> -> TRS to DB25 -> <Aud D2A> -> CP650

Matthias Grausgruber
Film Handler

- posted 03-01-2013 02:57 PM      Profile for Matthias Grausgruber   Email Matthias Grausgruber   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Steve Guttag
What he meant was:

SDI-> <BMD SDI to Audio> -> TRS to DB25 -> <Aud D2A> -> CP650

me too!

i was surprised about the easy solution "converting" aes/ebu-jack to db25...

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: