Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Anyone using NC900-A with Doremi IMB, were having HDSDI trouble.

Author Topic: Anyone using NC900-A with Doremi IMB, were having HDSDI trouble.
Alan Gouger
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-01-2013 02:52 PM      Profile for Alan Gouger   Author's Homepage   Email Alan Gouger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doremi confirmed the HDSDI should be working but we get nothing. Internal and HDMI are working fine. This is the IMB/Show vault combo. Same video path works with another cinema projector so the issue is definitely not the signal.
Anyone having any luck feeding serial to the NEC 900?
Doremi had us run a few tests and through the process of elimination the issue is pointing to the projector. Any special setup needed in the NEC for serial. I am sure we have everything set properly but there is always chance for human error.

|  IP: Logged

Tom Bert
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-05-2013 10:01 AM      Profile for Tom Bert   Email Tom Bert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What are you playing back over the SDI inputs? It will not accept DCPs from 'old servers' since the SDI inputs on the IMB are not connected to the decryption.

Alan Gouger
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-05-2013 05:39 PM      Profile for Alan Gouger   Author's Homepage   Email Alan Gouger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom alternative content 1920 x 1080p 23.98
The same video source/chain fed to a duel hdsdi card non IMB works fine.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 02-07-2013 04:01 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you gointo the IMB setup on the server and select that input?

Alan Gouger
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-07-2013 11:50 PM      Profile for Alan Gouger   Author's Homepage   Email Alan Gouger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, all IMB switching is done via the Doremi Showvault not the projector.

Chris Milton
Film Handler

- posted 03-08-2013 05:52 AM      Profile for Chris Milton   Email Chris Milton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had the same problem with a Doremi IMB/Showvault and a Christie projector. For some reason you have to change the input on the projector to IMD-SDI. You don't have to do this when switching from internal to HDMI but for SDI you do.

Alan Gouger
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-08-2013 09:51 AM      Profile for Alan Gouger   Author's Homepage   Email Alan Gouger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Chris Milton
I had the same problem with a Doremi IMB/Showvault and a Christie projector. For some reason you have to change the input on the projector to IMD-SDI. You don't have to do this when switching from internal to HDMI but for SDI you do.
I will give that a try, thanks for chiming in!

Alan Gouger
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-08-2013 12:13 PM      Profile for Alan Gouger   Author's Homepage   Email Alan Gouger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A few questions, so far no luck. What input do you have selected on the projector, Duel HDSDI or 292a/b. My 292 is greyed out I can only select Duel HDSDI. Do you still have to select HDSDI in the server or do you leave it set for "internal" or "HDMI"?

Thank you!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: