Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Barco Communicator Lite

Author Topic: Barco Communicator Lite
Marcial Feliciano Ramos
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-09-2013 11:01 AM      Profile for Marcial Feliciano Ramos   Email Marcial Feliciano Ramos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How I manage to use the Communicator Lite? I read the pdf about it from My Barco but I cant connect to the projector. I need to install some on the projector? I follow the instructions and the "home page" for the CL doesn't appear the only thing I get is a page with the Barco Logo and the logs for the projector. Thanks for any info you guys can bring me.

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 01-09-2013 08:57 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe the program you are referring to is only for their "A/V" projectors. You need "DC Communicator" to talk with DCinema projectors.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 01-10-2013 09:02 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's reference to the "lite" version in the 10Sx documentation - but like Steve says, you won't get much use from it with any other Barco D-cinema projector.
You want "Communicator PC" (currently v4.6.7) to talk to any S1 or B/C S2 projector.

Marcial Feliciano Ramos
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-10-2013 11:47 AM      Profile for Marcial Feliciano Ramos   Email Marcial Feliciano Ramos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the info. I already have the Communicator I was reading about this and never saw on the pdf that doesnt apply to D-Cinema. I was hoping we can use tablets to connect directly to the projector to check and diagnose while we arrived to the theater.

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 01-10-2013 02:07 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave, to be extra fussy 4.6.7 is the post production version. Normal version is 4.6.6! [Smile]

Steve Guttag

- posted 01-11-2013 06:22 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My mistake...

Communicator Lite is nothing more than a Web application running on the projector itself. Note, all Barco projectors have a web application but it would appear that the DP2K-10S is the first that actually also has basic functions of Communicator on it too. All you need is a web browser running on your tablet/phone...etc and point it to the IP of the projector and then go through the normal login procedures.

Marcial Feliciano Ramos
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-11-2013 09:04 PM      Profile for Marcial Feliciano Ramos   Email Marcial Feliciano Ramos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Exactly, but is already working for example 15c and 20c. Or right now only on the 10x? I tried on a 20c and nothing happens only the page that I described above.

Steve Guttag

- posted 01-11-2013 09:40 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The web page on series 2 machines is informational only (versions, log...that sort of thing). The 10S is the first to have controls via the web page.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: