Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Dolby DSS200 timer stops while film continues (Video included)

Author Topic: Dolby DSS200 timer stops while film continues (Video included)
Philip Jones
Film Handler

- posted 12-07-2012 05:10 PM      Profile for Philip Jones   Email Philip Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As the title says, has anyone had the timer\counter thing stop on a DSS200 while the picture and sound continue on screen?

It happened the other day here, and then again earlier today when I took this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5FYBmmdxoM&feature=youtu.be

The audience reported the picture froze on screen for about a second before continuing and the rest of the show played out as it should, but with the timer stuck at the position shown! None of the cues were activated when the credits came on.

We had to manually press stop at the end and the next show ran just fine tonight.

I've sent all this over to our NOC but thought Film-Tech might be interested or be able to shed some light on it.

|  IP: Logged

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 12-07-2012 05:54 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Software version?

Philip Jones
Film Handler

- posted 12-07-2012 06:11 PM      Profile for Philip Jones   Email Philip Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 12-07-2012 06:29 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
aka 4.3.5 (13). That is not my favorite version and most any that I had on that version I put back on 4.5.3 (9) or moved onto DCI compliant 4.4 or 4.5.

I have not had that problem but again, that is the version I have dealt with the least. It boots up odd, it has strange "print through" on config screens and overall...it gave me the heebie-geebies.

If you got a freeze on screen...check the reallocated sectors in the System tab...see if one of the RAID drives had had issues.

Kevin Fairchild
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-07-2012 06:37 PM      Profile for Kevin Fairchild   Email Kevin Fairchild   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a similar issue once.

I uploaded a corrupt key via FTP. The system didn't know what to do with it and it ate up resources. I ran unconfig to delete all content. Solved it.

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 12-08-2012 04:40 AM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have seen many 4.3.5-13 and I've never come across that. Has it happened only once or does it happen on a regular basis?

Philip Jones
Film Handler

- posted 12-08-2012 04:59 AM      Profile for Philip Jones   Email Philip Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happened for the first time on Tuesday and then again yesterday.

It's actually very similar to a problem we had about 6 months ago which ended up with the server being swapped out..

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 12-08-2012 08:44 AM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess you need someone to review your logs to find out where the problem lies.
What I can suggest is to check whether the issue happens during the same clip all the time or whether common clips are present in the affected playlists.

Yinghong Wu
Film Handler

- posted 12-08-2012 11:11 PM      Profile for Yinghong Wu   Email Yinghong Wu   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just as Steve said We met the problem like yours sometimes ago.Our server is DSS100 which soft version is 4.3.5.13.Finally we reinstall the Raid5 and reinstall the software the problem well solved.Good Luck.^-^

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: