Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » update of BARCO DP100

Author Topic: update of BARCO DP100
Christopher Mondt
Film Handler

- posted 11-27-2012 04:12 PM      Profile for Christopher Mondt   Author's Homepage   Email Christopher Mondt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello

I'm trying to updat an DP100 for days now.
Maybe someone can help.
The maschine has a a connection bug. Serial port isn't working anymore, Ethernet stops when entering passwords. Does anyone can tzell me the ID and password for service or root login?
It is really an old machine and we are kind of trapped.
Used to contro it with the old communcator. The machine was switch off for half a Year. COuld thet be the problem.

Any help is welcome.

Christopher

|  IP: Logged

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 11-27-2012 06:07 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, good luck! S1 projectors can be very very frustrating (even more frustrating than S2 projectors!)
First you should unplug and replug all the circuit boards. This will give you a security error so you will need the Dallas key to get it working again.
What happened to your communicator touchpanel?
Are you sure the serial port is bad... it's pretty picky about port settings on a PC running communicator.
Barco will tell you the communicator st password (just email them), assuming nobody has changed it from the factory default. It's the same as the PC communicator software as well. I don't think posting passwords on an open bulletin board is good practice but if nobody else helps you I can send it by PM.
If you're doing upgrades I assume you have access to my.barco.com, and can email them for suggestions.
Barco does not release any actual projector passwords and there's nothing good you can do with them. The TI board tech password is well known (published in many service procedure instructions) but you won't need it until ("unless", I suppose - but count on it) the TI board update fails.
Your TI board may be inert anyway after 6 months with power off. They have a battery with a limited "off" life. That won't affect communication though.
I recommend calling Barco tech support and asking for their help.

Joris Springer
Film Handler

- posted 11-27-2012 07:39 PM      Profile for Joris Springer   Email Joris Springer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well after a while not having power I guess some parts lose their memory so you are back to the default settings, if the battery runs out of power (according to the boxes I think it is 6 months)

Personally I love the DP100 series, huge but reliable [Smile] And always surprising (okay, perhaps not that reliable but still good)

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: