Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Has Barco changed IMS bundled with DP2K-10Sx?

Author Topic: Has Barco changed IMS bundled with DP2K-10Sx?
Mattias Mattsson
Film Handler

- posted 11-16-2012 06:47 PM      Profile for Mattias Mattsson   Email Mattias Mattsson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the initial press release Barco stated that a GDC SX-3000 would be included:
http://www.barco.com/en/News/Press-releases/gdc-technology-is-partnering-with-barco-to-showcase -a-groundbreaking-s2k-projection-utilizing-gdc-te.aspx

But in the current spec sheet on Barcos site, they say that it's now an (Doremi?) IMS-1000:
http://www.barco.com/en/Specsheets/c0dd91af-f2a0-4e6e-acf9-b26f01f8a004/dp2k-10sx.pdf

Does anyone know for sure?

|  IP: Logged

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 11-16-2012 07:39 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To my knowledge, it was always the Doremi IMS1000, at least for europe and the US.

The Beijing press release does not state a distribution partnership between Barco and GDC for this projector and IMS - only that the GDC working in a Barco DP2k-10s was presented there.

All press releases I read concerning the 10sx mentioned the Doremi IMS.

As Barco promotes and bundles the Doremi IMB, together with the AURO audio decoding option (also available on the IMS1000), for their larger projectors, it also makes more sense that Barco stays with Doremi.

However, both are generic series-II IMS, so if you want, you can as well use the GDC, as the Barco will be available with and without IMS.

- Carsten

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: