Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Doremi DCP2000 Ingest from FTP

Author Topic: Doremi DCP2000 Ingest from FTP
Simon Christensen
Film Handler

- posted 11-16-2012 09:06 AM      Profile for Simon Christensen   Email Simon Christensen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi

I have 2 Doremi DCP2000 screens. All good, and they play fine.
The filmdistributors have changed how they deliver trailers. Before they send an USB drive with trailers but now I have to download the trailers myself from their FTP sites.

Thats OK, but it annoys me that I have to download the trailers, copy them to an USB drive and then Ingest them to the Doremi DCP2000.
It would be a lot easier if I could FTP to the DCP2000 and put the trailers there, OR make an FTP server and make the DCP2000 Ingest the trailers from my FTP server.

Is it possible, and how do I set it up on the Doremi DCP2000?
The FTP server and network is NOT a problem, and I know how to set that up.

Thanks in advance
/Simon Christensen

|  IP: Logged

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-16-2012 10:11 AM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is this a Europe specific thing? I'd like to be able to download my trailers from an FTP site....

Olivier Lemaire
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-16-2012 11:29 AM      Profile for Olivier Lemaire   Author's Homepage   Email Olivier Lemaire   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Menu / Control Panel / Content Feed Manager
-> authenticate as admin
Then add a new target with:
- name: the one you want
- protocol: FTP
- IP address: the one of your FTP server
- user and password: the ones to be used for your FTP server
- path: the one needed as a base to grab your DCP
The test, save and let's ingest - use Ingest Manager, Luke [Smile]

You can have a look on options to select/restrict which kind of content can - or can not - be ingested from this target, if needed to fine tune.

Simon Christensen
Film Handler

- posted 11-16-2012 12:56 PM      Profile for Simon Christensen   Email Simon Christensen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OMG, that was easy. :-)

I got a fully working setup now. Thanks a lot, you really helped me.

/Simon

@Dennis
I don't know if this is an Europe specific thing. But we have been able to download trailers via FTP for some time now in Denmark.
Some of the filmdistributors don't distribute USB keys with trailers anymore. So FTP download is now the ONLY way to get trailers.

/Simon Christensen

Olivier Lemaire
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-16-2012 01:12 PM      Profile for Olivier Lemaire   Author's Homepage   Email Olivier Lemaire   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Simon: you're welcome
Dennis: no, nothing (on that topic) is generic in Europe = YMMV at each street corner...

Ted Vetzal
Film Handler

- posted 03-03-2013 07:02 PM      Profile for Ted Vetzal   Email Ted Vetzal   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can also FTP content into a Doremi. This way you can put content into a screen from a computer. I used to do this to transfer test content from my laptop. The User Name and password are both ingest.

The other thing that you can do with the content manager, is setup so you can ingest from one Doremi to another. Just use the user name of manager and password for the password. I had a complex with nine DCP2000s and three Dolby units and they used this to move content from screen to screen, while they ingested new content from the Library server.

Andrew Maddison
Film Handler

- posted 03-04-2013 06:01 PM      Profile for Andrew Maddison   Email Andrew Maddison   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They've had the trailer download facility for the UK for a while, too. It's useful because we run movies months after they're out in commercial cinemas, and all trailers we've ever been "sent" are always available from the download site. The annoying thing now is they say "here is the download link; for those who can't download we've sent a DVD with the trailer on it as well" - we'd like to be able to tell them to stop sending us DVDs and/or USB sticks!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: