Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Dolby 4.4 and Series 1 projectors (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Dolby 4.4 and Series 1 projectors
Kore Pendragon
Film Handler

- posted 10-23-2012 06:09 PM      Profile for Kore Pendragon   Email Kore Pendragon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

Has anyone experienced issues after upgrading dolby DS200 servers to 4.4 and then getting stuck in a constant cycle of Transport not available to checking content and licenses when connected to Series 1 machines. in my case they are NECs. At the moment the fix seem to be deleting all but a couple of playlists

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 10-24-2012 04:25 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope...I have not had that problem though my Series 1 machines have been Barco and Christie on 4.4. Note, 4.4.2 is now out. I would also suggest trying the INSTALL disc if you cannot resolve this but note...an Install disc WILL erase everything (content included) and all settings will need to be redone. For the mediablock (CAT 862 or DSP100...depending on your equipment)...tick the "Reinstall all components"

Doing the above will completely bring your system to factory fresh in case you have picked up a bug.

But first, I would try to go to 4.4.2.

Stefan Vogels
Film Handler

- posted 10-24-2012 09:48 AM      Profile for Stefan Vogels   Email Stefan Vogels   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seen this issue before. Make sure your series I prj hasn't lost it prj certificate on the gore interface. You can retrieve it using the TI software. There's an batch file on the nec site as many of the prj's on TI version 15.1 have an bug where the certificate is not retrievable, the batch file resolves this issue. The dolby 4.4 version is using the TLS type of cinelink whereas the older dolby versions did not. Same applies for doremi's 21.3R firmware. Run the batchfile and see if it works.

Kore Pendragon
Film Handler

- posted 10-24-2012 12:02 PM      Profile for Kore Pendragon   Email Kore Pendragon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi. Thanks for that. All our machines have already had the TI patch applied. In fact they are done as a matter of course before the upgrade to 4.4.0.
On the series 2 machines we have random schedule errors.

Steve Guttag

- posted 10-24-2012 09:11 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The random schedule errors are definitely a thing that happened with 4.4.0.48. Dolby is working on that. The frequency really has to do with the timing of when a schedule is being pushed to the server versus what else it is doing. The schedule gets malformed, internally.

Kore Pendragon
Film Handler

- posted 10-25-2012 03:04 AM      Profile for Kore Pendragon   Email Kore Pendragon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll upgrade them to 4.4.2, our network operations engineers have been studying the logs and noticed the peculiar goings on internally. It seems to cause a disconnect with the 862 then when the system recovers itself it is still sitting the previous scheduled playlist so it starts playing immediately what ever the previous playlist was which explains why the error report states the film was playing 20 mins early.

Pete Naples
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-25-2012 05:30 PM      Profile for Pete Naples   Email Pete Naples   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have seen DSS200s stuck in loops like this, caused by content.

First time round it was a trailer for Total Recall, lately it's been DCM ads. Precisely where the issue lies I am not certain. ie is it Dolby's software or the content?
In the case of the trailer we found that any playlist with it in would do this. The same has been true of DCM ads lately, especially the 3D content.

Kore Pendragon
Film Handler

- posted 10-26-2012 03:28 AM      Profile for Kore Pendragon   Email Kore Pendragon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, now this is interesting, I am using DCM content as well.
Has anyone noticed this show recovery in 4.4.0 as well. Apparently in the event of a power cut the server will save the position of the film and start auto playback when the power comes back on.

Kris Verhanneman
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-26-2012 09:26 AM      Profile for Kris Verhanneman   Email Kris Verhanneman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the software has always saved to location. But the auto restart is something I have not yet noticed.
I'll have to check that out tomorrow morning.

Mattias Mattsson
Film Handler

- posted 10-26-2012 09:34 AM      Profile for Mattias Mattsson   Email Mattias Mattsson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know if there are projectors (or firmware versions) that do not support the newer Cinelink 2-TLS and need to use Cinelink 2 Diffie-Hellman?

Specifically do all Barco Series 1 projectors support Cinelink 2 TLS?

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 10-26-2012 03:25 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Someone will me more accurate than me, but basically any series 1 projector with a new Gore TI board (Type 5 if not mistaken) will support TLS.
You need to check whether your TI is TLS compatible before upgrading, DCI upgrades are one way only!

Steve Guttag

- posted 10-26-2012 04:49 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think you'll find that almost all of the series 1 machines are going to be okay with TLS. In Barco, for sure the DP1200-DP3000 will all be fine. I could see early DP90/DP100s having things that might preclude it. Likewise on the very early CP2000 stuff. The best thing to do is change the Cinelink encryption from DH to TLS BEFORE you do a DCI upgrade to your server. If it works...leave it and know that you will be fine.

A GORE (or "gluecable) board is required for VPF plans of existing series 1 machines and may be required for DCI approved server software (it probably checks for the security enclosure). If not now...likely in the future. With a type 5 board you also get HDCP compliance...which is nice for alternate content.

Kore Pendragon
Film Handler

- posted 10-27-2012 05:43 AM      Profile for Kore Pendragon   Email Kore Pendragon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've upgraded to 4.5.0(77) on a number of selected machines. S1 and S2. Will see if the transport issues re-occurs when all playlists are transferred to the machines. I am noticing that after the Dolby load up screen, when the show manager comes on it doesn't start off with disconnected, transport error, checking content........... But rather instantly saying checking content and licenses.

Steve Guttag

- posted 10-27-2012 10:59 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Note, 4.5.1.14 is current for the 4.5.x series. 4.5.0.77 was really just to get the CAT 745 systems up and going. The CAT 862 software remains the same so you shouldn't need any KDMs from 4.5.0.77.

Kore Pendragon
Film Handler

- posted 10-27-2012 12:10 PM      Profile for Kore Pendragon   Email Kore Pendragon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've seen a 4.5.2 is about as well. Still not any closer to solving my transport issue. As soon as I send over playlists, transport not available and it will only affect 1 or 2 servers per site.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: