Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » who generate the subtitle

Author Topic: who generate the subtitle
Yinghong Wu
Film Handler

- posted 09-27-2012 10:55 PM      Profile for Yinghong Wu   Email Yinghong Wu   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My question is who generate the subtitle.Our cinema have four Christie CP2000zx projectors and sometimes will lost the subtitle,So the way we use is rebooting the DSS100 or change the wire to resolve the question.But I want to know who generate the subtitle(DSS100 OR CP2000ZX)and how to avoid the lost of subtitle,THX Buddy.

|  IP: Logged

Jussi Siponen
Film Handler

- posted 09-28-2012 02:17 PM      Profile for Jussi Siponen   Email Jussi Siponen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The ICP module in your projector renders the subtitles. Some servers are capable of rendering subtitles directly to the image being projected, however DSS100/DSP100 can't do that.

I have no experience with Christie projectors, but for Barcos the latest software updates for the projector and ICP have greatly improved the reliability of the captioning feature.

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 09-28-2012 07:31 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is your server in the same rack as your projector, or are they far apart? The Ethernet cable between my projector is longer than usual (about 50-ft). My subtitles became more reliable when I replaced the unshielded Ethernet cable with shielded (STP).

Also - do you have any problems with the quality of your electricity? That seems to be a factor too. I lost subtitles during an electrical storm here. The movie kept playing but the subtitles dropped out.

Yinghong Wu
Film Handler

- posted 09-28-2012 10:43 PM      Profile for Yinghong Wu   Email Yinghong Wu   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thx Jussi,Manny.Yours opinion is treasure for me.^-^

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: