Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Focus NC 2000

Author Topic: Focus NC 2000
Ren Patula
Film Handler

- posted 09-06-2012 09:54 AM      Profile for Ren Patula   Email Ren Patula   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have problem with two of our NC 2000 projectors. On site we have almost all models of NC series II and two of Series I. In a nutshell two of them constantly loosing focus, the team knows how to adjust it on the projector while they notice it during the show but as you know it is not possible to save it ,so on another show if they can get to it they need to do the same. If there is a time all small gap we can focus using laptop and saving the settings but it doesn't last long it again drifting after 2-3 days. Can not find where is the problem. Other projectors holds the focus for months. I should ask the support centre but honestly I don't have the strength any more.
Any advices for me?
Thank you in advance

|  IP: Logged

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 09-06-2012 04:48 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What make of lenses on your problem machines? There was an issue last year with InVision lenses and holding focus settings.

Ren Patula
Film Handler

- posted 09-12-2012 12:33 PM      Profile for Ren Patula   Email Ren Patula   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Paul, thank you for that suggestion the lenses used on the machines are KONICA MINOLTA A0ET 330.

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 09-12-2012 03:12 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I assume the machines are running the latest software (not too familiar, something around 4?) and you have contacted your support team/NEC, what did they say about it?

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 09-12-2012 04:43 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you initialized the lens mount (done in the lens set up dialog of DCC) or Lens Setup (done in the Setup/Installation menu)?

There is also a lens utility but not widely publicized. There is a version that lets one check the calibration.

Ren Patula
Film Handler

- posted 09-18-2012 04:47 AM      Profile for Ren Patula   Email Ren Patula   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for all advices I will have go soon with them. Not very often on a site lately.

Kore Pendragon
Film Handler

- posted 10-24-2012 06:08 PM      Profile for Kore Pendragon   Email Kore Pendragon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To save the focus at site
Press
Menu and hold
Password 3151
Scroll to configuration press enter
Scroll to lens setup press enter
Lens position press enter
Zoom and focus option come up, focus picture
Come out of lens set up by pressing exit
Scroll to memory press enter
Scroll to lens memory press enter
Screen file currently is use displays press enter
"Memory overwrite" comes up press enter for yes
Focus is saved

If is constantly goes out of focus still re-seat the lens if it still occurs then the lens is at its maximum adjust on the motor and may be the wrong size for that screen

Ren Patula
Film Handler

- posted 11-05-2012 05:54 PM      Profile for Ren Patula   Email Ren Patula   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm very grateful for all advises. Will have go with them.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: