Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » NEC NC800C updates

Author Topic: NEC NC800C updates
Richard May
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-24-2012 12:32 PM      Profile for Richard May   Email Richard May   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone know where I can get the updates for this projector?

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 08-25-2012 07:52 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One has to be authorized to access the download site(s). Sorry, that is going to be a common theme to the various DCinema updates, regardless of manufacture.

Out of curiosity, what are looking to update? That is...what isn't it doing now that you need it to do?

Richard May
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-28-2012 03:40 PM      Profile for Richard May   Email Richard May   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just looking to keep everything current in the projector. I update the software and firmware in the Doremi servers when they come up. Looking to do the same for the projectors. I will call NEC about the whole "being authorized" bullshit.

Mike Babb
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-29-2012 07:08 PM      Profile for Mike Babb   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Babb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
careful applying updates especially when they are first released...also NEC offers free training in Chicago if you want to get authorized...

Jeff Kane
Film Handler

- posted 08-30-2012 03:59 PM      Profile for Jeff Kane   Email Jeff Kane   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As others are no doubt about to advise you... "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." is a much much safer path to follow. Unless you're trying to fix something specific or need a new feature you know is in the next release, just say no. You never know what bugs will be introduced with any given firmware. You never know when they'll pop up. If what you have works smoothly and does what you need, why risk the heartache/headache?

Disclaimer : You're 'talking' to someone who formerly scrabbled for the "Update Now" button furiously anytime it was available. I learned the hard way.

Richard May
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-30-2012 10:31 PM      Profile for Richard May   Email Richard May   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That the funny thing about this. Updates are supossed to be a good thing. Yay digital!!!!!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: