Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » (Resolved Question) Blinking-RED rear-indicator lights on NEC NC2000C Digital (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: (Resolved Question) Blinking-RED rear-indicator lights on NEC NC2000C Digital
Grant Chambers
Film Handler

- posted 07-10-2012 10:50 PM      Profile for Grant Chambers   Email Grant Chambers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, so I'm new here and new to projection as well. I have 10, 35mm projectors as well as a Digital DLP NEC NC2000C that I operate.

Today, the Digital started screaming at me right in the middle of Spiderman with blinking red rear-indicator lights, and an error message that says 'lamp unit'. So does it need replaced? Lamp filter? I don't mess with the stuff, since I'm new and all, (They just want me to focus on not scratching films right now--can't blame em) but my chief projectionist isn't here and I can't get ahold of him.

Any answers/comments are appreciated!

|  IP: Logged

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 07-10-2012 11:35 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you're not authorized to work on that stuff, best back off, let the red tail lights keep blinking and let the main guy worry on the condition of this digital equipment. But report to him on your findings.

Just keep the film rolling on those 10 projectors-what they want you to do.

Chris Slycord
Film God

- posted 07-11-2012 12:14 AM      Profile for Chris Slycord   Email Chris Slycord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you can't get the chief projectionist, isn't there a technician you guys work with that you can call? Or is the chief the only one with his/her number?

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-11-2012 12:59 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Here are the rules of this forum.

You have 24 hours to comply by editing your post.

Welcome!!! [thumbsup]

Olivier Lemaire
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-11-2012 10:52 AM      Profile for Olivier Lemaire   Author's Homepage   Email Olivier Lemaire   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you've got a NEC, you probably have it's user manual. If so, then please RTFM first [Smile]

Grant Chambers
Film Handler

- posted 07-11-2012 02:13 PM      Profile for Grant Chambers   Email Grant Chambers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I've read the manual. It dosen't specify. Called the tech and turns out one of the striking mechanisms is out/faulty. Waiting on a new part.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 07-11-2012 02:23 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Grant - you really need to go read the forum rules. Specifically, you have to change the title of this thread. (Do it with the "Edit" button.") "QUESTION!" is a teaser title and doesn't tell what the topic is about. You need to use a title that gives the reader a hint what he's going to read.

Grant Chambers
Film Handler

- posted 07-11-2012 02:29 PM      Profile for Grant Chambers   Email Grant Chambers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I apologize to all that I have offended. Last night was an emergency. I tried everything but this forum. Gave it a shot, and it has obviously caused more problems.

How do I delete my profile???

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 07-11-2012 05:34 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's no need to delete yourself. You just need to realize, this is a forum with strict rules. It can seem a little heavy-handed but it helps keep things readable and concise.

Ron Funderburg
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-11-2012 05:55 PM      Profile for Ron Funderburg   Author's Homepage   Email Ron Funderburg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am assuming the bad post is gone! We all cross the line sometimes though usually not all that far. Well maybe not all maybe just me! But then in the words of Bud Costello "I'm a bad boy."

Grant Chambers
Film Handler

- posted 07-11-2012 10:08 PM      Profile for Grant Chambers   Email Grant Chambers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Haha. My bad post was the title. It said "QUESTION!" that is all.

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 07-11-2012 10:46 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
People at this forum ride each other all the time. People disagree with each other and holler at each other on a fairly regular basis. There is no put-down intended.

Simply put, it's a form of "Radical Honesty." It's better to just tell people what you think instead of pussy footing around the issue.

Almost anything short of name calling and putting people down is acceptable. Once in a while, people even call each other names... then we all laugh about it and go on to the next thing.

If you want to play in this neighborhood, that's the way things are.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-11-2012 10:54 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
The next time you have a problem and come to the forum to try and find an answer, you will be VERY happy that we do not tolerate teaser subjects, because you will actually be able to FIND previous discussions on that issue.

Just imagine if every thread was titled like this:
Question
I have a question
Does anybody know...
I'm stumped
Help
Damn this thing
Can somebody help?
What are these things and why are they blue?

Those titles are absolutely useless, hence the rule.

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 07-11-2012 11:58 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Brad Miller
What are these things and why are they blue?
They are my balls and they're blue from lack of use. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Sorry, couldn't resist. But it also proves the Grand Pooh-Bahs' point that such titles are useless.

Grant, don't be afraid to ask questions here, there are a lot of folks with a cumulative experience of literally hundreds of years in the industry.

Just be concise in your thread titles and NEVER put contact info in your posts and you'll get on nicely here.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-12-2012 12:57 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
That one went right over your head, eh Tony?

Manny will be along soon to explain. [Razz]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: