Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Christie CP2210 -> weird ILS problem

Author Topic: Christie CP2210 -> weird ILS problem
Walter Rabey
Film Handler

- posted 06-28-2012 03:06 PM      Profile for Walter Rabey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering if anyone has any idea here as to what is causing this, or has ever seen it happen? We have 4 Christie CP2210's for our smaller auditoriums, and 2 out of the 4 constantly loose the defined ILS settings. I will frame and focus both the 1.85 Flat and 2.39 Scope ILS files accordingly and they work perfectly, for awhile. All of a sudden at any random point a few weeks to a month later, I come back in and BAM. Lens shift has moved, focus is out, zoom is out. The other 2 have had this happen but the settings stay proper for much longer.

Anyone seen this happen before? All I can say is it's really annoying! And no, no one else is changing the ILS settings, this all happens by itself.

|  IP: Logged

Pete Naples
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-28-2012 04:20 PM      Profile for Pete Naples   Email Pete Naples   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've had this with Barco, NEC & Christie at one point or another. Less so Christie.

Make sure it's up to date in terms of firmware. If it still plays up get a log package off to Christie.

The ILS works well generally, but is dependant on those flags and sensors, another classic is the shaft adaptors between the motors and the lens adjusters unscrewing themselves. I tend to put a drop of threadlock on when I install them as I've had this happen a couple of times.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 06-29-2012 05:06 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you do the calibration?

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 06-29-2012 05:09 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Firmware 3.0 fixes the issue with the 2210, it's in the changelog.
As a workaround, make sure you select the "quick reset on startup" and every time you power your machine up it will reset the drift. The lens starts to drift after around 6 format changes.

Anyway, just upgrade the firmware to 3.0

Walter Rabey
Film Handler

- posted 06-30-2012 01:51 AM      Profile for Walter Rabey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Scott Norwood
Did you do the calibration?
Yes I did.

Thanks for the tip on the FW version. The drifting after ~6 format changes seems about right. I will look into this soon and let you know.

Walter Rabey
Film Handler

- posted 07-08-2012 02:36 AM      Profile for Walter Rabey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where is the changelog that you mentioned? I don't see anything on Christie's site regarding solaria firmware upgrades. Did they bury it somewhere or do they expect you to email/call them to get the package?

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 07-08-2012 04:55 AM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you need to be a Christie partner to access the firmware download. Please contact your service technician to have your projector updated.

Walter Rabey
Film Handler

- posted 07-08-2012 01:55 PM      Profile for Walter Rabey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the quick response Marco.

Everyone here has been a big help, thanks.

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-16-2013 11:32 AM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For the record: I have been dealing with this same exact problem over the last couple of days with one of my projectors (CP2210).

We had been running Scope films in this theatre for months, so the format didn't change for a while. This past Thursday we ran a Flat movie in there and the lens was out of whack. Turns out, it lost it's Flat Lens ILS Settings. So I reset them.

Friday a Scope movie went back in there -and wouldn't you know it, it now lost it's Scope ILS settings. I spent the morning reseting the Scope ILS Lens settings.

Glad I found this post on here... now on to check the firmware...

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 03-16-2013 02:59 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Currently Christie series 2 projector software is at 3.1.1 (1). Note, this is a "patch" level that builds on the full version 3.1.0 (3). You can go to 3.1.0 (3) from 2.1.1 (12) or later. So you need not step through 3.0.0 (1).

3.1 has Enigma 1.6 on it...which for those without an IMB, is a critical update since Enigma 1.4 can/will go corrupt.

I have found that Christie 3.1 stabilizes quite a bit of oddities I had experienced with prior versions. It is a good version to upgrade to.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: