Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Prometheus - popping noise (audio watermarking?)

Author Topic: Prometheus - popping noise (audio watermarking?)
Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 06-11-2012 01:30 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone getting nasty popping sounds in Prometheus? Deluxe suggests downgrading to a lower Doremi server firmware version (v21.04h-aud-on) that I have only been using with older series encryption ("Dolphin") cards that don't accept current firmware. This doesn't seem quite right to me: as I understand the situation, this firmware is only for servers that can't run 21.2k...

|  IP: Logged

David Zylstra
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-11-2012 12:51 PM      Profile for David Zylstra   Email David Zylstra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A notification I saw from DoReMi in December (about Chipmunks) said the issue noted for that feature was "static popping" with audio watermarking on. The software version mentioned is 2.2.X (meaning all 2.2 versions at that time)

I do have 1 site that complained about odd audio issues that happened in 2 auditoriums for Prometheus 3D, I'm waiting to hear back what the issue turned out to be.

Geoff Newitt
Film Handler

- posted 06-11-2012 01:16 PM      Profile for Geoff Newitt   Email Geoff Newitt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, there's an issue with audio watermarking in Doremi servers; I'm not clear on all the details, seems to be specific to software series 2.2.X.

There's a patch out there that disables the audio watermark and the popping goes away; then, if the server is on the latest soft and firmwares, Doremi will open a ticket that should ultimately lead to replacement of the Dolphin board.

Seems only to affect certain boards - I had a call out over the Jubilee weekend (to a cinema with no remote monitoring); one screen had popping in Prometheus, the other - consecutive serial number on the server, both installed the same week - was just fine.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: