Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Blu-ray input thru Doremi IMB - Settings?

Author Topic: Blu-ray input thru Doremi IMB - Settings?
Michael Stuart
Film Handler

- posted 05-17-2012 06:25 PM      Profile for Michael Stuart   Email Michael Stuart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just installed a Doremi IMB in my Christie and want to use the HDMI input for a Blu-ray player. If I dont use my scaler the image output seems underscanned. Is there a proper setting, other than Auto-Square Pixels, to use in the Christie? The option to get 8 channel audio from the IMB is just too cool to give up by going thru a scaler [Smile]

Thanks!

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 05-18-2012 12:14 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you first checked to verify the setting in your blu-ray player? I've known many to default to 480P unless specifically set otherwise.

Pietro Clarici
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-18-2012 05:38 AM      Profile for Pietro Clarici   Author's Homepage   Email Pietro Clarici   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you have a 4K projector? In my experience (NEC 3240 and Doremi IMB), when using HDMI the media block only outputs a 2K signal centered on the screen. You have to create a new macro on the projector enabling the internal software scaler to have it fill the full 4K frame.

Yinghong Wu
Film Handler

- posted 05-18-2012 07:44 AM      Profile for Yinghong Wu   Email Yinghong Wu   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just Brad said,Please check the blue dvd setting to ensure the output is Hdmi mode. [Wink]

Michael Stuart
Film Handler

- posted 05-18-2012 08:40 AM      Profile for Michael Stuart   Email Michael Stuart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yup, Blu-ray is outputting in 1080P. The image is only slightly smaller than when I use it with a scalerb but noticable with the flat screen file. I could create a smaller screen file, but would like the masking to line up.

The projector is only 2K, went with the IMB for future upgrade flexibility. Even a laptop set to 2024x1080 is smaller than the flat file unless I run thru the scaler.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 05-18-2012 01:13 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Is the projected HEIGHT the same?

Anders Nordentoft-Madsen
Film Handler

- posted 05-19-2012 04:58 AM      Profile for Anders Nordentoft-Madsen   Author's Homepage   Email Anders Nordentoft-Madsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try with these macro's:

-<AutomationCueMacro> <Name>1TO1</Name> <Id>urn:uuid:db9b4212-4fab-46c9-ad7c-121064ae3040</Id> -<CommandList> -<Command> <Type>DeviceRawSendMessage</Type> <AnnotationText>SET_SCALING_ONETOONE</AnnotationText> <DeviceName>Certainty</DeviceName> <MessageType>text</MessageType> <Message>31,CTRL,1,SRATIO 0 0x02,N,??,\r\n</Message> </Command> </CommandList> </AutomationCueMacro> -<AutomationCueMacro>

-<AutomationCueMacro> <Name>SIDEMASKING</Name> <Id>urn:uuid:04f5454b-4a78-4bce-8a04-aa40fd3302f5</Id> -<CommandList> -<Command> <Type>DeviceRawSendMessage</Type> <AnnotationText>SET_SCALING_SIDE_MASKING</AnnotationText> <DeviceName>Certainty</DeviceName> <MessageType>text</MessageType> <Message>31,CTRL,1,SRATIO 0 0x00,N,??,\r\n</Message> </Command> </CommandList> </AutomationCueMacro> -<AutomationCueMacro>

-<AutomationCueMacro> <Name>TOPBOTTOM</Name> <Id>urn:uuid:b72dd43b-0081-495a-a272-35f0b9d90a3f</Id> -<CommandList> -<Command> <Type>DeviceRawSendMessage</Type> <AnnotationText>SET_SCALING_TOPBOT_MASKING</AnnotationText> <DeviceName>Certainty</DeviceName> <MessageType>text</MessageType> <Message>31,CTRL,1,SRATIO 0 0x01,N,??,\r\n</Message> </Command> </CommandList> </AutomationCueMacro>

Sorry about the formating.

Michael Stuart
Film Handler

- posted 05-20-2012 11:31 AM      Profile for Michael Stuart   Email Michael Stuart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not sure about the height, I will set a test pattern and measure today.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: