Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Help needed DSS200 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Help needed DSS200
Per Hauberg
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-17-2012 05:42 PM      Profile for Per Hauberg   Author's Homepage   Email Per Hauberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Everybody

During todays programme building, a nasty problem has occured.
Maybe it's about to wide fingers and too narrow keys, but I do need a tip:

When building a show, timeline suddenly can't be moved (scrolled horisontal), meaning I can not put in cues in the end of the show. When I'm using the mouse to move the timeline, it returns to showstart same moment, I lift my finger from the mouse.

What have I done wrong ?

Thanks in advance

Per

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 05-18-2012 12:15 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I've never heard of such a thing. Try rebooting first before this thread gets too out of hand with crazy suggestions.

Kris Verhanneman
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-18-2012 12:41 AM      Profile for Kris Verhanneman   Email Kris Verhanneman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It happens from time to time.
Just relaunch to TMS interface (CTRL + Q) or do as Brad said relaunch the server.

We had this issue a while ago but it has been a few versions of dolby soft that the problem is solved? Are you up to date with your version?

Tim Asten
Film Handler

- posted 05-18-2012 05:32 AM      Profile for Tim Asten   Email Tim Asten   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We used to have this problem quite often. We called it 'the rubber band effect' where you could not make up a playlist past the width of the monitor screen. As Per said, if you used the curser to drag the timeline along, as soon as you released the mouse button, it would flick back [Mad] . A reboot sorted it, however recent software updates seemed to have cured it.

Per Hauberg
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-18-2012 05:41 PM      Profile for Per Hauberg   Author's Homepage   Email Per Hauberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Brad

I DID shut everything down, took a break and turned on again 10 minutes later - b e f o r e I went to the forum with my question.
The problem is well-known at Dolby, I've now been told since then, and as far as I understood from the kind german tech on watch at Kinoton, we'll be looking into update on monday.
If You have sometimes thought of my english being crap, You should enjoy my german, but I think that was what he ment, and as I have no editing to do until tuesday, exept for changing a pair of trailers, I'll just keep calm.
But "restart", which I during my first digital year have learned, solves allmost any mishap, did not help this time.
And I sold my last Dp70 last week.... Sic !
I'll get up there now, giving the ctrlQ a try.

Rubber Band Effect - Sweet name, -nasty doing !

Thanks

Per

EDIT 01:25 (local time)

Third "reboot" did it !

Rubber Band Syndrome now gone - HAL9000 works normal again !
Thank You for every kind concern [beer]

P.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 05-18-2012 07:16 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
So what version are you running? Like I said I've never heard of this problem. I'm betting you have some seriously old software.

Martin Murray
Film Handler

- posted 05-19-2012 12:36 AM      Profile for Martin Murray   Email Martin Murray   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad, I have seen this same problem on dsp/dss100's as well as on the dss200, it was doing it last week. a re-boot usually fixes it but I don't think its because of older software, you just put the newest version on the dss200. It seems to me that it does it if you don't reboot at least once every 3 weeks or so.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 05-19-2012 12:46 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
On the newest version???

I think I know now what the problem is. I never access the server directly.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 05-19-2012 12:55 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happened on me with a Doremi: Editing a playist and my mouse froze. Did a cold reboot and all was good.

Martin Murray
Film Handler

- posted 05-19-2012 02:14 AM      Profile for Martin Murray   Email Martin Murray   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monte this is not a freeze up type of thing, when you build your show on the Dolby and try to add cues the timeline will slide left as long as you hold the mouse but as soon as you release the left mouse button so you can go grab a cue the timeline will slide back to the right and center it self. If you are building a show when its convienent to reboot its not a problem but if your doing like i do and building during a show yo have to get more creative and delete the features to make the line short enough to add the cues then add the features back in.

I hope this makes sense to explain the problem.

And yes Brad the dss200 did it last week, i have not mentioned it because I consider it more of an annoyance than a problem.

And you will be logged in soon enough through the DCS system although i kinda doubt you will see the problem through there.

Kris Verhanneman
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-19-2012 02:46 AM      Profile for Kris Verhanneman   Email Kris Verhanneman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you guys do your editing on the library / DSS 100 / DSS200 or a seperate pc running the TMS?
This bug has been removed more then a year ago out of the version we are running.

Martin Murray
Film Handler

- posted 05-19-2012 02:57 AM      Profile for Martin Murray   Email Martin Murray   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I build /edit right on the server

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 05-19-2012 07:13 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have seen this more than once. If one is running the Jupiter client, you won't necessarily see it since that is a separate client.

I don't know the latest version I've seen this on but definitely as recent as 4.3.2.2. I don't know if it happens on 4.3.5.13 or 4.4.0.48

It is not very regular, for sure. Restarting the client should "fix" the problem but it is definitely annoying when it occurs.

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 05-19-2012 12:11 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On the topic of "servers behaving badly," here's a related issue:

Clicking on a show title in the "build" environment occasionally will select the next show in the line-up.

In other words, there's a mismatch between the selected (highlighted) show, and the actual show that appears in the editing time line.

Rebooting the DSS200 resolves the issue.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 05-19-2012 06:44 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've NEVER seen that one, Manny. Never even heard about it until you just mentioned it.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: