Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » BLUES BROTHERS DCP

Author Topic: BLUES BROTHERS DCP
David Stone
Film Handler

- posted 05-16-2012 07:31 PM      Profile for David Stone   Email David Stone   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone screened the Blue Bros DCP and is it the original 1980's version or is it the extended DVD versions with scenes such as the gas station explosion included. We screen it in June but no info from the distributor downunder,

Cheers,

DAvid

|  IP: Logged

Jock Blakley
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-16-2012 08:48 PM      Profile for Jock Blakley   Email Jock Blakley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's been a while since I ran it but I have a vague memory it is the original cut - or at least it's the same as the prints.

I can tell you definitively that it's in stereo (ie 2-track) and 16:9 though. Thanks, Universal.

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 06-11-2013 12:31 PM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 390 days since the last post.

Victor Liorentas
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-11-2013 12:31 PM      Profile for Victor Liorentas   Email Victor Liorentas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What was the quality of the DCP transfer besides only being in stereo?

Jock Blakley
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-11-2013 07:58 PM      Profile for Jock Blakley   Email Jock Blakley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pretty average. It was 16:9 so obviously from the same master as the Blu-Ray. Nothing overly hideous, but it could have been a lot better.

We had problems with very very rubbery sound sync, but I seem to recall hearing that Universal were either going to or had recalled it and fixed the problem. Maybe. We got so fed up with all of it we went back to using the print.

Victor Liorentas
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-21-2013 11:51 PM      Profile for Victor Liorentas   Email Victor Liorentas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just got the 2 channel DCP which sounds harsh and has less punch than my 16mm print in mono!
The spec sheet that came with it says 5.1 but my Doremi tells me 2 channel.

Jock Blakley
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-22-2013 06:55 AM      Profile for Jock Blakley   Email Jock Blakley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, it's not nice. We ended up finding a print in four-track mag and ran it last night - now that's what the DCP should sound like.

Edoardo Ercoli
Film Handler

- posted 06-22-2013 08:09 AM      Profile for Edoardo Ercoli   Email Edoardo Ercoli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have screened it time ago, about one year, I clearly remember the audio was remixed 5.1 PCM, and the picture was stunning , same transfer as Blu-ray of course, but more vibrant color as you would expect from a DCP. I'm in Italy and I ran the DCP coming from Hollywod Classics trough Nexo Digital italian distributor, anyhow I'm sure the master comes from USA and it's the same Worldwide. Hope this helps.

Victor Liorentas
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-22-2013 11:12 AM      Profile for Victor Liorentas   Email Victor Liorentas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will complain about them sending me this ...I would have been better off using the bluray or my 16mm print! [Mad]

Edoardo Ercoli
Film Handler

- posted 06-22-2013 11:20 AM      Profile for Edoardo Ercoli   Email Edoardo Ercoli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
About audio yes, but DCP image quality and color depth is far superior. Anyhow HWC should have a 5.1 mix DCP:

http://hollywoodclassics.com/

edit: digging in email junk I found the CPL I received the KDM for, it was the italian dubbed one, but in the same package there was the English track too:

BLUES-BROTHERS_FTR-1-1980_F_IT-IT_51_2K_NEXO_20120531_DXL

You can cleary see it's 5.1 in italian language (and 99% also the original Eng version)

Jock Blakley
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-22-2013 06:29 PM      Profile for Jock Blakley   Email Jock Blakley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Even though it might have said it was 5.1, the DCP we presented very definitely only had sound coming through the left and right channels.

I didn't particularly think the colour was very good either.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: