Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » NEC NC2000C and DCC S2 program

Author Topic: NEC NC2000C and DCC S2 program
Joel Landy
Film Handler

- posted 05-05-2012 03:37 PM      Profile for Joel Landy   Author's Homepage   Email Joel Landy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone have a copy of the NEC DCC S2 program they could send me? my email
 - thanks
Joel

[ 05-05-2012, 11:38 PM: Message edited by: Brad Miller ]

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 05-05-2012 08:54 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Joel, welcome to the forum -- but...better go read the rules, specifically #16.

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 05-06-2012 05:23 AM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Enter the IP address of your projector into the browser of a networked computer and you should be able to download the DCC directly from the projector.

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 08-18-2014 07:44 AM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 834 days since the last post.

Hakan Bicer
Film Handler

- posted 08-18-2014 07:44 AM      Profile for Hakan Bicer   Email Hakan Bicer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi all when I was connect with IP on browser
there is no DCC download

only have lens controls and lamp on off

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 08-18-2014 04:20 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yea, DCC doesn't download from the projector. It's a separate app. that you have to get from NEC. Unless you are trained on Digital projectors you can actually damage the projector misusing DCC if you do not know what you are doing.

Mark

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 08-18-2014 04:49 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
on the latest versions you can download the DCC from the projector, there is a button to do so.
Justin's advice is correct. Maybe that was introduced with a specific version.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 08-18-2014 06:11 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vaguely related to which, can anyone point me in the direction of a version of DCC that will enable me to drive an NEC iS8-2K projector from a laptop? We've got one in our little screen that doesn't see much use, is only used for projecting BDs and has been controlled thus far directly from the buttons on the side.

However, it would be nice to be able to drive it from a laptop (especially as it's going to be used more intensively next month). When I installed the same version of DCC we use to run our NC2500S upstairs and launched it to the IP address of the iS8-2K, it said "The projector at this address cannot be controlled by this version of the software" (or wording to the same effect).

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 08-18-2014 06:37 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While the iS8 does use a different software...the TI DLP programs will control the DLP boards the same if you are working with screen/PCF files and the like...as I recall...it has been a LONG time since I've touched one but it is essentially an NC800C

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 08-18-2014 09:03 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Really I'm just after something that will let us change inputs, open and close the douser and routine stuff like that from a laptop positioned somewhere sane rather than having to do a contortion act around the side of the projector in a nightmarishly tiny booth. Contacting NEC for the right version of DCC is on my to do list (it doesn't seem to be available for download from their website), but I haven't got around to it yet. I believe that the projector was a donation (we're a non-profit), but it didn't come with any software or documentation.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 08-18-2014 09:13 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Marco, You are correct... I had to remote in to take a look for it and the button is in the lower left corner. All my locations are running the latest update so without going back through the read me's I have no idea when that button appeared. All my customers that have a TMS or booth computer (all but one site) already have it anyway.

Mark

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 08-18-2014 09:55 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Leo...you've got mail.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: