Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » extracting logs from a Barco DP2K-23B / also link decryptor full error (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: extracting logs from a Barco DP2K-23B / also link decryptor full error
Mike Moreno
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-02-2012 09:31 PM      Profile for Mike Moreno   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Moreno   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi guy its been long time.
can somebody tell me the correct procedure to extract logs from a Barco DP2K-23B.

thanks for your help

mike moreno
mexico

[ 09-18-2013, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: Brad Miller ]

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 05-02-2012 11:35 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sure...using "Communicator" log into the projector in question.

On the right, click on "Diagnostics"

Within the Diagnostics section click on "Package"

Click on "Create Package"

You will then be given the opportunity to choose where you want to save the package (and its name).

-Steve

Mike Moreno
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-03-2012 08:50 AM      Profile for Mike Moreno   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Moreno   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks Steve.

Pete Naples
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-03-2012 04:22 PM      Profile for Pete Naples   Email Pete Naples   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike, just to be 100% are you referring to diagnostic type logs, or Link Decryptor security logs?

Mike Moreno
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-05-2012 05:01 PM      Profile for Mike Moreno   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Moreno   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes Pete, diagnostic type logs.
we had a trouble with subtitules in two barco projectors and the company that install the equipment ask for the logs.

Kris Verhanneman
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-06-2012 01:13 AM      Profile for Kris Verhanneman   Email Kris Verhanneman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What brand of servers do you have?

Pete Naples
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-08-2012 06:24 AM      Profile for Pete Naples   Email Pete Naples   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cool, I was just asking in case you were afflicted with the LD Security Logs Full issue.

Earlier Barco Series II firmware versions had subtitle issues.

German Marin
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-09-2012 02:05 AM      Profile for German Marin   Email German Marin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can type on your browser the projector IP address for projector logs.

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 09-18-2013 03:30 AM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 497 days since the last post.

Brenard Cabiles Jr.
Film Handler

- posted 09-18-2013 03:30 AM      Profile for Brenard Cabiles Jr.   Email Brenard Cabiles Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello,
it seems that my query is related on this topic so i just joined the discussion.
i want to address my query to Pete (but everybody can advise as well) as i encountered an issue of LD security logs full. how can i fix this? i would really appreciate your comments. thanks.

Jure Maticic
Film Handler

- posted 09-18-2013 04:18 AM      Profile for Jure Maticic   Email Jure Maticic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since there is a topic for this: has anyone tried exporting logs for a Sony 515?
Jure

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 09-18-2013 06:22 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I scheduled automatic log retrieval on our Sony. However, this only works to network folders currently, no USB stick.

- Carsten

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 09-18-2013 03:48 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Brenard Cabiles Jr.
i encountered an issue of LD security logs full. how can i fix this?
This is a known bug with Barco. Your link decryptor is dead and you won't be playing any more encrypted movies until you replace it. The replacement procedure is incredibly easy though. The link decryptor board just screws onto the HDSDI board. Beware of static though and take the appropriate cautions.

I would personally recommend anyone running Barcos with link decryptors cut all power to the projector and then re-seat the HDSDI board (the link decryptor lives on this board). Don't remove the board entirely from the projector, just pull it out about an inch, then push it back in all the way firmly, then snug up the set screws without over-tightening them. I've found if this is done a couple times a year, it can trick that bug in the FIFO buffer and force the Barco to acknowledge that the server downloaded the logs so the link decryptor doesn't fill up and brick itself like just happened to you.

Note this can also save a link decryptor that has the "logs almost full" error. We have caught a ridiculous amount of link decryptors with this error and this procedure has saved it.

Warning though, you will have to re-marry, so make sure you have the Dallas key and it didn't walk.

Once you have a playback transport again, play a short clip (just a clip with a few seconds of black is fine) and it should start downloading chunks of around 500 logs after the completion of each time you play that clip. Expect to have to run that clip about 20 times before it stops downloading logs, and don't power off the system before you clear all of the logs or you will just end up right back where you started.

TI apparently fixed this bug at the first of the year, but Barco hasn't finished their testing of it and as such has not yet released it to the public. Surely that update will be coming soon though, as it's been several months now.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 09-19-2013 03:50 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is different from the LD-Log clearing issues that plagued Doremi users last year?

- Carsten

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 09-19-2013 10:41 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This may be a TI bug as Brad declares but I haven't had one yet that was "bricked" from it: I've recovered several systems locked up with "logs full" in the past few weeks. On current Doremi software there's an "advanced" button in device manager/media block that brings up "purge" or "download" the enigma logs. Forget "download", use "purge" and the system will take about half an hour to finish (no shows possible while it's doing this". It estimates the time as 2+ hours at first but don't panic, the time estimate drops pretty quickly to around 45 minutes but it doesn't usually take quite that long.
I haven't seen this "logs full" come up on Dolby servers but I have seen them spend a goodly time locked while downloading the logs now and then. I haven't seen this problem with the few GDC servers we have with Barco either.
There are issues with really obsolete server software that would permanently corrupt some of the enigma log memory space, and if that happened to the entire memory space then the unit was toast. From what I have learned, the enigma module is designed as non-serviceable and if the battery goes dead or the memory is corrupted and "full" - it's junk. Expensive junk.
The current Barco TI version (ICP 4.2.1) seems to be the same as on NEC and Christie current software. What's the difference?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: