Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Doremi Injesting dropout

Author Topic: Doremi Injesting dropout
Steve R Pike
Film Handler

- posted 04-06-2012 07:28 AM      Profile for Steve R Pike   Email Steve R Pike   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello All

I have just experienced a very annoying scenario with my Christie Doremi CP2000 projector. All night I have been ingesting a film ready for tonight, at 80% I had to start an afternoon showing of another film.

As soon as I pressed play - the ingest cancelled!!!! I am now having to re-ingest the film,however I don't thing it will be ready in time for tonight!

Has anyone else had this?

We only use USB connections here [Frown]

|  IP: Logged

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 04-06-2012 01:00 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

USB transfer of a feature should take a couple of hours. If it takes a night it could be a bad hard drive (does it do it with ALL features or only this time?).
Also, I found that doremi's USB sockets get loose quite easily and that could mean a bad USB connection.

Also, check your software version. Go on the main menu, click ABOUT and report back the software and firmware version please.

Finally, if you start your ingest again, it should resume roughly from where it stopped. It will re-ingest the reel it was ingesting when the transfer stopped, but it won't ingest all the others.
Cheers

Steve R Pike
Film Handler

- posted 04-06-2012 01:43 PM      Profile for Steve R Pike   Email Steve R Pike   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, thanks for your reply

We are currently using:

Firmware - 12.92
Software - 2.0.10-0

Thankfully it looks like it did what you said, only restarted from the point in which it stopped. However, just a thought, if I paused the ingest, then pressed play, then resumed the ingest - do you think that would be OK?

I seem to be having a day from hell today; cancelled ingests, KDMs not working and to top it off one of our amps went!! I thought Friday 13th was next week!!

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 04-06-2012 03:10 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Steve,

I would have the unit upgraded to the latest software 2.2.3 (plus hotfixes) unless you're under some contract that prevents you for doing it - like some TMS incompatibility.
Also, looks like you have an old Dolphin card (the media block). Now, I am not entirely sure but I think Doremi is upgrading these boards for free to a DCI compliant one. That could also mean that your doremi is a very old one, and that there is a (free?) upgrade kit for it: new dolphin card, new thermal management and new HD cage. I'd ask your installer.

In general the server is checking everything that is ingested before playing it back. That means that what is available to be played back will be working. There should not be any chance to have bad content on the server, unless the server itself has a bad RAID.
In other words, either the server is happy with the content you ingest - in one or more go - or it won't display on the cinelister page.

Version 2.2.3 has a Content Management section where you can check the content before playing it back (have a look on your version, I am not sure when this was implemented, it's under control panel).

Thanks
Marco

Geoff Newitt
Film Handler

- posted 04-07-2012 04:17 PM      Profile for Geoff Newitt   Email Geoff Newitt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like you've got ex-DSN kit there.

It was an extra £900 to get projector and server 'refreshed' with the new Dolphin board, thermal management, RAID mount etc - quite a bargain on top of the extremely good deal to purchase the equipment at the end of the project.

I know Arts Alliance have struggled a bit to get through all the refreshes (nine months to get through all of ours) - but if you took this option, you paid for it last May - so you really should be on their case if it's still outstanding.

Don't forget - ingesting over USB might be almost as quick as 'real time' if the server is just idling, but slows to a painful crawl if you're playing back at the same time. After all, you're using many of the same resources.

Geoff Power
Film Handler

- posted 04-11-2012 03:53 PM      Profile for Geoff Power     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In my experience with DoReMi, ingesting from a hard drive normally takes ~40 mins, but with a solid state drive via the USB slot can take up to 2 hours. I have tried ingesting whilst showing a feature, but the ingest slowed to a trickle and I had to abort it - fortunately the server gives priority to the Play, not the ingest!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: