Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Woman in Black CPL revision for missing logos

Author Topic: Woman in Black CPL revision for missing logos
Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 02-06-2012 08:02 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our sister theatre received a CPL revision for The Woman in Black for some missing logos. I'm not really sure what was missing, but it game in on a thumb drive.

I didn't actually handle the package/thumb drive myself, so I can't say how clear the instructions were for ingesting the revisions. However, we attempted to create a new title on the LMS to map this revision to, but that created all kinds of problems. And apparently the Strong NOC has been dealing with all kinds of calls for the same issue.

From what I can tell, the only thing to do is ingest the file from the thumb drive. No other action seems to be necessary. And the file automatically patches the original CPL.

In the event you tried to delete title mapping, or enter a new title to map, here's what I did to fix the problem.
1. Delete all upcoming showings for The Woman in Black
2. Delete the title version code from the existing mapped title
3. Create a new title and enter the title version code (this is the number which corresponds to the title on your point of sale system).
4. Map the new CPL to the new title (new CPL should be Woman-In -Black-CCAP_FTR-3... (the 3 is the difference). The new CPL should have a run time of 1:35 instead of 1:34.
5. Attach you early/late pre-show and trailer to the new title.
6. Resend your schedule from your POS system.
7. Ensure the new content and SPLs are sent to your auditoriums.
8. Check the SPLs and schedules on your auditoriums to ensure they are associated with the correct CPL from above.

We haven't had a show run with the new content yet, so I can't verify that this worked, but everything appears to be in place.

|  IP: Logged

John Thomas
Film Handler

- posted 02-06-2012 10:25 PM      Profile for John Thomas   Email John Thomas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The original has only the CBS Film logo at the beginning; the patch adds another one or two logos after the CBS Film one.

The instructions with the patch said to ingest the new content as well as a new corresponding KDM, and then to replace the new Version File into the playlist along with a new credit offset.

David Zylstra
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-07-2012 09:26 AM      Profile for David Zylstra   Email David Zylstra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I suspect Justin has a Cinedigm LMS - due to the automatic schedule/playlist building it does for you it is not as simple as replacing the CPL in the playlist (actually, the LMS creates a separate playlist for each show).

The issue with the Cinedigm LMS is that once a title (OK, CPL) is mapped to a POS title you are stuck with that mapping unless you follow a similar procedure to what Justin listed.

I have not seen this patch personally but if it patches the original CPL then it may stay properly mapped in the LMS.

Robert D Hall
Film Handler

- posted 02-07-2012 10:34 AM      Profile for Robert D Hall   Author's Homepage   Email Robert D Hall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have the Cinedigm LMS and all i had to do was load the new cpl and then the new key. And that was it. It just up dated the movie file. We didnt have to unmap or remap any thing.

David Zylstra
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-07-2012 04:08 PM      Profile for David Zylstra   Email David Zylstra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As a correction to my post (sorry, edit time expired) - I was referencing the Cinedigm Windows based LMS used for phase 2 rollouts - the original Linux based one is different in regard to playlists and scheduling.

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 02-07-2012 04:31 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I should have clarified that I was talking about the Cinedigm Windows LMS. And again, I didn't actually handle the file; I just had to help resolve the problem.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: