Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » NEC 1200, 2000 questions

Author Topic: NEC 1200, 2000 questions
Frederick Lanoy
Film Handler

- posted 01-20-2012 12:04 PM      Profile for Frederick Lanoy   Email Frederick Lanoy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everybody,

Next week, i will start working on a NEC 1200 / 2000 (serie 02) projector.

I read DCC user manual and projector installation manual.
If I understand correctly, if I remove front cover, side cover or lens side cover, the projector won’t be able to show digital cinema content anymore.

To clear the error message (and start a show), I have to login as “Installation” or “Service mode” to be able to “perform remarriage”. Is it that simple or is there something more to do ? Is there a code to enter on the Keypad of the projector (like on Barco’s projectors with the dallas key) ?

As always, thanks for your help.

Frederick.

|  IP: Logged

Stefan Vogels
Film Handler

- posted 01-20-2012 02:32 PM      Profile for Stefan Vogels   Email Stefan Vogels   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Frederick,

If you remove a cover you will create a tamper alarm. This is easy to reset using the keypad ( press menu and than 1-1-1-1 ). The remariage is something else and is not necessary if you remove a cover.

Best Regards,

Stefan

Frederick Lanoy
Film Handler

- posted 01-23-2012 02:09 AM      Profile for Frederick Lanoy   Email Frederick Lanoy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Stefan,

Thanks for your answer.
Is it possible for a projectionnist to do a enigma re-mariage if he logs as "service mode" ? DCC user guide doesn't give much information about that.

Best,

Frederick.

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 01-23-2012 09:56 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unless you've been trained to do so, you should avoid removing any of the boards. While a remarriage is not especially complicated, you could potentially screw up your screen files. Plus, those boards are not cheap. I don't remember what the enigma board costs, but I think the ICP board is about $6000. Plus you need special passwords which will not normally be provided to you.

Depending on your level of knowledge, the main thing you should be concerned with is how to change a lamp - including how to tell the projector you've changed the bulb. I highly recommend you create a specific tool kit which has the tools you need to change a bulb.

You should also know how to use the DCC and front panel to adjust the focus and lamp power. The focus is especially true if you have an inVision lens.

Under normal circumstances there is no reason why you should be removing any of the covers except the one for the lamp house.

Understanding and changing screen files is not particularly complicated, but it's best if you learn from someone on site who can sit there and walk you through the process. There are a number of different steps to go through and then you need to pull them together in another step.

Frederick Lanoy
Film Handler

- posted 01-24-2012 04:49 PM      Profile for Frederick Lanoy   Email Frederick Lanoy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the advice.
I have already changed cards from a Barco (serie 02). But i won't touch if i'm not seriously trained first on NEC.

Best,

Frederick.

Adam Fraser
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-28-2012 09:23 AM      Profile for Adam Fraser   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Fraser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can anyone provide a basic guide for setting up screen files? I have the DCC and its users manual/passwords but the wording sounds like it was translated from another language and is not very clear.

I watched my installer set up screen files but neglected to write down a step by step guide as he was doing it.

I would not be messing with the screen files related to DCP's but would like to set up screen files for alternative formats like DVD and Blu-Ray.

We own the equipment outright so no issues with being authorized to do this.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: