Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Well done to IMAX Digital (clapping my hands) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Well done to IMAX Digital (clapping my hands)
Tom Petrov
Five Guys Lover

- posted 12-26-2011 11:51 PM      Profile for Tom Petrov     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw and IMAX Digital presentation this evening. I thought it was outstanding with no issues and it made my experience worth the money.

I have to say I was very impressed with something at the very end of the film. First time I have seen the message for an IMAX Digital film.

After the credits, there is a quality message, the final message states something along these lines:

"If you experience any issues with this IMAX Digital Performance, please email QCX@IMAX.com

It also stated the chief technician"

Now, the last time I saw this message was the only 1-800-PHONE-THX or something along those lines.

Can anyone confirm if MI4 in 15/70 has the same message?

I know IMAX Digital is not popular on the board, and my views on IMAX Digital are not supported by the others, but with the lack of consistent 35mm or well done performances, a message like this was impressive and refreshing to see.

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 12-27-2011 01:15 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While you are certainly welcome to share your experience of any given theater, the fact that you created a new thread for this when another already existed (and that you already posted in it), the way you titled the thread and the fact that you had to make sure to point out that your views were "not supported by others" clearly shows that you are only interested in trolling. Not that I'm surprised. Little troll is as little troll does, I suppose.

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-27-2011 01:32 AM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Tom Petrov
"If you experience any issues with this IMAX Digital Performance, please email QCX@IMAX.com

It also stated the chief technician"

Now, the last time I saw this message was the only 1-800-PHONE-THX or something along those lines.

Can anyone confirm if MI4 in 15/70 has the same message?

This isn't anything new, this has been on all IMAX prints since this summer. Also its not a Chief Technician, the name that is on the card is David Keighley. The man behind making sure every IMAX print Film and even Digital comes out correctly and he wants to hear from YOU Tom, you should email him a nice long letter telling him about how great your experience in a IMAX Digital theatre was. You should also Clap in the email for him.

Also, I agree with Joe. This topic is stupid and in the vain of only one thing and that is to be an ass.

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 12-27-2011 04:35 AM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Tom Petrov
Saw and IMAX Digital presentation this evening.
I'm trying to process this sentence and my brain keeps getting a GPF. Please explain.

Chris Slycord
Film God

- posted 12-27-2011 08:34 AM      Profile for Chris Slycord   Email Chris Slycord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The above reaction isn't all that surprising considering how many times Tom says he "would of" done something.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 12-27-2011 09:15 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well Tom... We can only assume the sound was ok there because they must have been using KLH speakers...

Mark

Edward Havens
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-27-2011 09:42 AM      Profile for Edward Havens   Email Edward Havens   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Joe Redifer
While you are certainly welcome to share your experience of any given theater, the fact that you created a new thread for this when another already existed (and that you already posted in it), the way you titled the thread and the fact that you had to make sure to point out that your views were "not supported by others" clearly shows that you are only interested in trolling. Not that I'm surprised. Little troll is as little troll does, I suppose.
And that you responded gave the little troll exactly what he was craving.

If everyone stops responding to all his [bs] , he'll either stop posting [bs] or he'll stop posting altogether.

Tom Petrov
Five Guys Lover

- posted 12-27-2011 09:48 AM      Profile for Tom Petrov     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Kurt Zupin
This isn't anything new, this has been on all IMAX prints since this summer. Also its not a Chief Technician, the name that is on the card is David Keighley. The man behind making sure every IMAX print Film and even Digital comes out correctly and he wants to hear from YOU Tom, you should email him a nice long letter telling him about how great your experience in a IMAX Digital theatre was. You should also Clap in the email for him.
Thanks Kurt, wasn't sure who it was as it was on screen real quick and I had only glanced at it. I might just do that and email him, I actually don't live far (just down the road) from IMAX HQ so I could probably just drop by [Wink]

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 12-27-2011 10:32 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mark J. Marshall
I'm trying to process this sentence and my brain keeps getting a GPF. Please explain.

That's just how some Canadians talk, ya know hey...

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 12-27-2011 10:50 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Quality control" messages at the very end of films are stupid because 99% of the time there is nobody left to see them.

If they really cared about getting told of problems, they would put the QC message in between the trailers and the feature.

Tom Petrov
Five Guys Lover

- posted 12-27-2011 10:52 AM      Profile for Tom Petrov     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mike Blakesley
If they really cared about getting told of problems, they would put the QC message in between the trailers and the feature.
Fair enough and a good idea. They should put right before after the message thats states a digital projector is being used for the show, right before the film starts.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 12-27-2011 11:29 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who gives a shit about what kind of projector is being used? The message is asking people to report quality problems. It doesn't matter what the equipment is. To the public, a problem is a problem.

Tom Petrov
Five Guys Lover

- posted 12-27-2011 11:39 AM      Profile for Tom Petrov     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Who gives a shit about what kind of projector is being used? T
Some people do care that it is digital.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 12-27-2011 01:43 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It wasnt all that long ago i got a request from a studio to go out and do a alignement at a competitors theatre based on a complaint and was told that if there was any attitude to correcting or verifing the list of "issues" call the police as i was to take the print with me
amazing all the "little" issues that had plagued that theatre got delt with and there was no big issues after that
In a competitive market complaints to the studios often get looked at

Chris Slycord
Film God

- posted 12-27-2011 03:16 PM      Profile for Chris Slycord   Email Chris Slycord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mike Blakesley
Who gives a shit about what kind of projector is being used? The message is asking people to report quality problems. It doesn't matter what the equipment is. To the public, a problem is a problem.
I think he meant that at the digital sites, they could just add the QC snipe after the already-existing "hey we're running digital in the piece of shit theater" snipe.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: