Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Doremi Software Issue - v2.2.x

Author Topic: Doremi Software Issue - v2.2.x
Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 12-15-2011 06:01 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
News fro Doremi: If you have 2.2.x software installed, you may have audio issues with Alvin and the Chipmunks III:

"Doremi Cinema is advising customers with software 2.2.X on their Doremi Servers/ShowVaults to ingest dcp2000_audio_config_off.pkg immediately. This is to avoid an audio issue (static popping) that has been reported and reproduced in Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chip-Wrecked. We have not had any other reports of audio issues in other titles however we are recommending installing this package as an interim solution as it is not likely to be specific to this feature.

Package dcp2000_audio_config_off.pkg turns off audio watermarking. It can be located on our service FTP site."

|  IP: Logged

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 12-15-2011 07:00 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, interesting. Will we ever learn why suddenly a plain vanilla soundtrack creates audible problems with watermarking?

I wish we had more issues like this with video watermarking, Cinelink, and Key management, to finally get rid of all these valuable techniques...

- Carsten

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 12-15-2011 08:10 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you kidding? There have been numerous Cinelink/Enigma/Decryptor issues...even lost shows...so? Better to stop the alleged loss of revenue by the studios at the theatre level.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 12-16-2011 01:56 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not enough, obviously.

Curious what will happen on the german version of Alvin, as to what is able to drive watermarking nuts on a probably standard spec'd 24Bit/48KHz sound file out of the blue.

- Carsten

Harold Hallikainen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-16-2011 10:02 AM      Profile for Harold Hallikainen   Author's Homepage   Email Harold Hallikainen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it a 5.1 mix that's causing problems? Or another?

Thanks!

Harold

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 12-16-2011 07:49 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just got first confirmation that the german dubbed version of Alvin seems to have the problem on 2.2.2 and 2.2.3 Doremis as well.

At the same time someone claims that the update package to disable watermarking has been removed from Doremis FTP. Can someone confirm? At least I can't see it in the 2.0 software directory.

I can hardly imagine in how far a MXF-wrapped BWF can cause such problems. I assume it is not really an issue with this specific title but a strange bug of the Doremi 2.2.2 and 2.2.3 software.

- Carsten

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 12-18-2011 07:58 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This package is indeed missing from the ftp site. I didn't check before to see if it was ever actually present, I got it from another source. Maybe Doremi staff saw my post and removed it because it wasn't for general release? If so... oops???

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 12-18-2011 09:10 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was there but has been removed - for what reason, I don't know.

There are mixed reports from germany - some say they have experienced these problems even with other titles, some say they have no issues at all with 2.2.2 and 2.2.3 even without that patch.

Now, do we have a weekend problem here, why is Doremi handling this situation in such an unprofessional way? Why do they reference a patch in an emergency notice but it isn't where it should be and no reference to this issue can be found on their FTP at all?

- Carsten

James Ness
Film Handler

- posted 04-03-2012 02:14 AM      Profile for James Ness   Author's Homepage   Email James Ness   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i just had this problem with hunger games last week
getting complaints of "blown speakers" checked it, it definitely sounded like everything was clipping during the loud scenes (the part where the apples cause the mines to explode especially)
after checking everything i determined that there was nothing wrong at all with my sound system, even with the processor at volume 1.0 you could still hear the clipping
then i realized that this was only occuring in our 3 nec/doremi theaters, not on any of the theaters using the sony's
i contacted doremi, they sent me a patch to disable the audio watermarking, completely fixed the problem

Pete Naples
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-03-2012 02:24 AM      Profile for Pete Naples   Email Pete Naples   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That patch is only released by request now.

SW v2.2.x enables the audio watermark if it is in the Dolphin card FW capability. The DOL1.0 with 21.01Z or 21.04a do not have audio watermarking capability.

Are any of you guys with these audio problems running a Dolphin 1.2?

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 04-03-2012 11:52 AM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There should not be any issues with Dolphin 1.2, and for 1.0 there is a new firmware that is addressing the issue (disabling the audio watermarking I think).

Latest FW for Dolphin 1.0 is 21.4h. Make sure you have it installed, and make sure you have SW version 2.2.3 with the hotfix patch also installed.

Pietro Clarici
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-24-2012 06:43 PM      Profile for Pietro Clarici   Author's Homepage   Email Pietro Clarici   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm running a DCP2000 on 21.1Z/2.2.3-0, and I'm having the same issue with Avengers, which opens today in Italy: static pops on every channel, at every volume level. It's the first title to show this behaviour. KDMs unlocked at the very last moment and unfortunately it's a public holiday here, meaning that I probably won't be able to get support until tomorrow. In the meantime, could anyone please send me a link to download the patch?

Pietro Clarici
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-25-2012 07:44 AM      Profile for Pietro Clarici   Author's Homepage   Email Pietro Clarici   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Solved by updating to fw 21.4H.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: