Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Strong Digital Pedestal

Author Topic: Strong Digital Pedestal
Adam Fraser
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-27-2011 09:19 AM      Profile for Adam Fraser   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Fraser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We are having our digital system delivered in a few weeks and I would like to know the dimensions of the Strong Digital Pedestal, I believe the part number is 200027. Does it come assembled in a large box or knocked down?

I am mainly concerned with width as we may have to remove a couple door frames to get it in the booth.

I can call my tech or Strong if needed, but figured someone might be able to just measure their pedestal for me.

Thanks

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 11-27-2011 09:28 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Comes assembled in a large box suitable for street people to build a home in. Some of the thickest cardboard on earth! The top tilting piece can be removed and the breaker panel can also be placed just about any one of 6 locations on the base you desire. I usually place the breaker panel on the front left side (standing at rear). The Eprad pedestal is a bit smaller dimension and I have had to cut holes in floors of booths to get pedestals up stairs. The Eprad is the smallest if you do have to cut a hole. The Strong pedestal gives the most bang for the buck. The Eprad pedestals are much more highly refined... definately the best pedestals in the buisness.

Mark

Adam Fraser
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-27-2011 09:31 AM      Profile for Adam Fraser   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Fraser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our booth floor is 4" thick concrete so cutting a hole is not an option, we can remove door frames if we have to.

Robert D Hall
Film Handler

- posted 11-27-2011 10:07 AM      Profile for Robert D Hall   Author's Homepage   Email Robert D Hall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you remove the tilting top it will be 27in wide 29in tall and 48in long. If you do not remove the top it will be about 6in taller and 4in longer the width will be the same. If you dont have any sharp turns to make they fit threw a standerd door no problem.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 11-27-2011 10:10 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If this one doesn't fit look into the Eprad pedestals. Better all the way around and the smallest one is slightly smaller than the Strong pedestal!

BTW" Cutting through 4" concrete is not a problem. I had many large ports installed this year in buildings that were pre-cast panels our poured in place concrete. One was 9" thick!! Think... diamnond tipped chain saw. When they hit ther rebar it's like the 4th of July all over again!

Adam Fraser
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-27-2011 10:24 AM      Profile for Adam Fraser   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Fraser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have 30" finished door openings so it sounds like it should fit, will probably have to take it up vertically though and some corners are tight. The door jambs could be removed to open them up to around 34" or so.

I want to do as little damage to original structure as possible due to the historic and unique nature of our theatre.

Thanks for the info guys.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 11-27-2011 12:29 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have brought them up vertically. The thing strips down VERY fast. the racks are covered with drop in panels (come out in about a second). The top is only secured on the hinge side so again, comes off easily. Once it is empty, it is lighter and relatively easy to carry.

-Steve

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: