Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » pictures/diagrams for nec series 2 projectors

Author Topic: pictures/diagrams for nec series 2 projectors
Kevin Macdonald
Film Handler

- posted 11-26-2011 02:17 PM      Profile for Kevin Macdonald     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Guys
I have searched everywhere that i can think of but cannot find any images of the internals of the series 2 projectors could anybody help out.
I would just take the side panels off of my own lot but have been informed that if i did this there would be a firing squad assembled asap
any and all help would be greatly appreciated

|  IP: Logged

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 11-26-2011 03:02 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are quite a few pictures in the manual if you have one. For the most part it looks much more like a computer than it does a projector. Lots of circuit boards and fans, many connections like motherboard connections, and a lot of wires that look just like the wires inside a computer.

Taking the sides off on the Series II is no big deal as long as you have the code to clear the tamper alarm when you restart.

Kevin Macdonald
Film Handler

- posted 11-26-2011 06:24 PM      Profile for Kevin Macdonald     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have zero codes we are treated like mushrooms here(kept in the dark and fed on shit)as i said any and all help is appreciated

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 11-26-2011 06:42 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NEC NC2000C User Manual

This doesn't show you the inside, but it's still useful information.

Kevin Macdonald
Film Handler

- posted 11-27-2011 03:41 AM      Profile for Kevin Macdonald     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
many thanks for the manual lots of info there but was really after pictures of the internals of the projector but the manual is a great start

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 11-27-2011 03:59 AM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was not able to find the manual on-line. I have a PDF of the file which I am working on getting to Brad so it can be added to Film-Tech's library. Once that happens, you'll be able to get the file there. Unfortunately it's too big for email.

Kevin Macdonald
Film Handler

- posted 11-27-2011 09:52 AM      Profile for Kevin Macdonald     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
many thanks Justin will look forward to reading it

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 11-27-2011 12:25 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Note, the NEC Service manual has a confidentiality clause printed on the bottom of each page. Unless you have a "clean" version, I don't know how Brad can post it.

-Steve

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: