Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Doremi - Start Show via Shell

Author Topic: Doremi - Start Show via Shell
Bastian Felten
Film Handler

- posted 11-24-2011 11:30 AM      Profile for Bastian Felten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello there,

is there any shell script or binary that can start a loaded playlist?

Thanks for the info,
Bastian

|  IP: Logged

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 11-25-2011 04:04 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doremi's "Showlister" browser has a tab below named "scheduler" where you imput your playtimes for the entire week.

Open up the scheduler browser, click "new" and input your playtimes in this window.

Course, the trick is that the server's time is in sync with your local time so your showing will start when they are programmed. Otherwise, you'll have to adjust your inputted start times to be in sync with your local time by changing the minutes value.

After entering your data and saving it by clicking on the 'save' bar in the scheduler, go back to the playback tab to go back to the playback browser, and on this screen, the upper left icon should be changed from "manual" to "scheduled" by clicking on it and make the choices .. and you should be off and running to run autostart programs.

hope this helps.. Good luck - Monte

Joris Springer
Film Handler

- posted 11-26-2011 09:52 AM      Profile for Joris Springer   Email Joris Springer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here our DoReMi asks 5 minutes ahead of the start time if we really want to start the show at that time. Quite annoying.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 11-26-2011 10:08 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He wants to start a show from the command line, not using the GUI.

I would be curious about doing the same with the Dolby server.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 11-26-2011 12:26 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All of them can be accessed via an API instruction but that seems to be the more complicated route...though the one that LMS systems use since once you have overcome the overhead of setting up the API scheme, you have the whole command structure.

As for Dolby, you can remote start them with RS232 commands (and you get to set what the command is) as well as good-ol contact closure to the GPIO connector.

-Steve

Love Malik
Film Handler

- posted 11-27-2011 12:51 AM      Profile for Love Malik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys
Is their any possibilities to play a composition by its half of time. Like i have a composition of an hour but i would like skip first 30 minutes and want play remaining 30 minutes.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 12-02-2011 04:46 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The servers have a manual random access feature to do that, but there is no way to play only part of a copy protected feature from a playlist. DCI's intent on the spec was not that content could be played this way.

I you create your own DCPs, you can easily split it into separate CPLs.

- Carsten

Love Malik
Film Handler

- posted 12-06-2011 12:03 PM      Profile for Love Malik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ya I know That ...... but i m looking in different window.
If your server unexpected goes down than after restart we can resume the movie from same place.
We can play a composition from from any point by entering the time and switch to particular time . So I think their is some possibilities in that way.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 12-06-2011 02:01 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All current servers have a built-in resume function after a crash.

- Carsten

Love Malik
Film Handler

- posted 12-19-2011 03:39 AM      Profile for Love Malik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I m sure about that i want to create such que with that we can jump to any time.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: