Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » CP-2000SB Error: Auxillery Interlock Open

Author Topic: CP-2000SB Error: Auxillery Interlock Open
Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 11-20-2011 01:55 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CP-2000 SB has been working just fine till this morning...

Projectionist sent me pics of the Error screen which says...

"Interlock System Has Detected An Open Interlock" "High Current Cable Not Connected Or Ballast Not Turned On"....

On the Status Page:
Lamp Fan, Lamp Door, Extractor, and Tamper are all ok. Just the Auxillary is red.

So I had him check to be sure all breakers are turned on including the one on the ballast. All associated breakers are all on and the DC cables and all ok, lamp appears to be ok..

I am no where near this projector and I don't think remoting in to it is going to tell me anything further. Anyone out there have any ideas on what this one might be?

Thanks in advance,
Mark

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 11-20-2011 07:29 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recently had a strange error on a CP2000-M...to clear it...I had to completely power down (no power to the unit, not just a reboot) and I left the power off for a minute...upon rebooting...the problem vanished as quickly as it arrived. It too was an interlock sort of error...causing a RED flashing LED and the unit would not progress further.

-Steve

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 11-20-2011 07:38 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NEC units can get that hiccup as well, esp the older ones. Somehow they get a "DLP" error and the screen presentation is all goofed up.

Same solution: power down the projector, wait a bit, power back on and the error is gone.

"Welcome to the digital world...good luck with it".

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 11-20-2011 08:38 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Believe it or not it was a fire alarm system malfunction. The fire alarm loop on the CP-2000 is the Aux circuit. Kudos to Christie for a totally bogus error message! "Check your DC Cables". Note that the fire alarm did not stop any of my favorite brand Series 2 projectors for running their shows.

Mark

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: