Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » TI ICP card (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: TI ICP card
Raphael Friedland
Film Handler

- posted 11-13-2011 02:16 PM      Profile for Raphael Friedland   Email Raphael Friedland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
IS ANYBODY HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THIS CARD

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 11-13-2011 05:07 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a known bug on the ICP if version 2.x.x of the ICP firmware was EVER on the card. Depending on projector manufacturer, there is a procedure to reflash the board and properly fix the problem.

However, this would only apply if your problems are corruption related.

-Steve

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 11-14-2011 06:31 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BTW: According to a friend that works with BARCO in Europe... The Barco or Christie ICP solution will work just fine on the NEC ICP card. The cards and solutions are all identical.

Mark

Eric Robinson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-14-2011 05:14 PM      Profile for Eric Robinson   Email Eric Robinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have spoken with many professionals about TI ICP cards. Many topics can be addressed which is what I think is important. Without specifically addressing these concerns, we wont be successful when .... uh what was I talking about? [sleep]

Steve Guttag

- posted 11-14-2011 07:20 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would think they would work too...however, without a baseline file, the ICP will be "empty" no PCFs, no PNGs, no TCGDs...etc.

Now the NEC update program does contain some of those.

Naturally, one has to fully back up their ICP BEFORE reflashing the board and hopefully NEC does indeed back up EVERYTHING when you do a back up. I see that on the newest DCC that a new button was added to the back up that seemingly does "all"

-Steve

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 11-14-2011 07:38 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to my friend in Europe either the Christie or Barco methods accomplishes the same task on the very same module... Two that I updated this morning were all warm and fuzzy humming along nicely for the last 6 months with the existing version they had in them....3.0 so they are now at 3.004 which should precure any enigma issues.

Steve Guttag

- posted 11-14-2011 09:01 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah...but both Christie and Barco has one replenish the board using their OWN baseline parameters...Barco has one do it via the "cloning" feature...which isn't going to work for the NEC since one can't get to the NEC via the Barco communicator.

I know that if I couldn't recover the NEC with what I did...I was willing to try one of the Recovery packages...what would I have to lose? The projector was down!

Still, NEC needs to have one of their own.

-Steve

Jonathan Althaus
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-15-2011 08:54 AM      Profile for Jonathan Althaus   Email Jonathan Althaus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ICP-I Cause Problems

Raphael Friedland
Film Handler

- posted 11-15-2011 11:15 AM      Profile for Raphael Friedland   Email Raphael Friedland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you guys for your respond
My main problem is with Christie 2210

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 11-15-2011 01:30 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great. Now try again and tell us WHAT the problem is you are having with the ICP on a Christie 2210.

- Carsten

Eric Robinson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-15-2011 04:01 PM      Profile for Eric Robinson   Email Eric Robinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Carsten is right.

I think it goes something like this:

1) Statement of problem
a) Description of problem
i) Signs, symptoms, effects of problem
ii) Example, narrative, or testimony

Then... we Filmtechers chime in with...

2) Statement of solution
a) Description of solution
i) How solution fits problem
ii) Example
3) How solution can be implemented
a) Plan of action
i) Step 1 of plan
ii) Step 2 of plan
iiii) Step 3 of plan
iiiii) Step 4 of plan
etc.

4) Try the suggested solutions
5) Check to see if solution worked...if not GOTO step 1.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 11-15-2011 06:29 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eric... You forgot to include which crow bar, sledge hammer and blow torch to have handy when doing the ICP repair... That is extremely important! Just sayin...

Eric Robinson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-16-2011 12:09 AM      Profile for Eric Robinson   Email Eric Robinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I always use an ESD safe crowbar. [Big Grin]

Steve Guttag

- posted 11-16-2011 07:00 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eric, you forgot the most important part of all...

The thread discontinuity part...where someone (could even be me) will bring up something completely unrelated to the original question that sends the thread in a completely different direction!

Just sayin'

-Steve

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 11-17-2011 09:50 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awww Steve... but thats what makes this place so interesting...

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: