Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Barco ACS/DCS ethernet control

Author Topic: Barco ACS/DCS ethernet control
Bajsic Bojan
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-06-2011 02:04 AM      Profile for Bajsic Bojan   Email Bajsic Bojan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello

Using a doremi server i am trying to make macros to control the Barco alternate content switcher over the ethernet. The instructions say that one should connect to the ip over the port 3000 for access, then execute commands.

Problem is, i can only connect to the unit only once and execute one command. Then it is not possible to connect to the unit again for another command, unless i reboot the switcher, then i can execute another (1!) command etc.

Is maybe the telnet session not closed and stays 'active' once the command goes through? Can anyone please give me correct syntax to use for a macro (line breaks, logout sequence, any login sequences needed?) in use on any kind of server.

If i try to manually connect to the acs using putty or a telnet service, i can do it once, then it also goes inactive. I get the 'connection refused' message. I can then only login using the following syntax " telnet -a 192.168.0.xyz 23 " and retyping the username and password.

Thank you for any input.

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 11-06-2011 09:12 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe that with the current version (1.04) that having to close/open the port is taken care of. What version are you running?

-Steve

Bajsic Bojan
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-06-2011 02:50 PM      Profile for Bajsic Bojan   Email Bajsic Bojan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
DCS100 running firmware 1.15, tried also 1.14 without success.

Would be nice to have working macro syntax if possible.

Thank you

Steve Guttag

- posted 11-06-2011 03:20 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have not worked with a DCS100 yet...just the ACS2048 and the ImagePro stuff. So it may be different on the DCS100.

-Steve

Bajsic Bojan
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-06-2011 03:27 PM      Profile for Bajsic Bojan   Email Bajsic Bojan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The "Communicating with barco ACS..." chapters in the manuals are word for word the same in the manuals for ACS2048, DCS100, DCS200. The commands are the same (altho the ACS has fewer).

For doremi i set up a RAW device, tcp communication, port 3000 (or 23). The macro i use 'send > text message', with the message being ie "ISEL -i 8<CR>"

anything i am doing wrong?

I see the imagepro communicates ethernet commands via 10001 port. I'll try that for fun also.

Steve Guttag

- posted 11-06-2011 03:51 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many of the ImagePro commands work on the ACS2048 despite them not being listed in the ACS2048 manuals.

-Steve

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: