Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Doremi Servers with AccessIT software

Author Topic: Doremi Servers with AccessIT software
Zack Strickland
Film Handler

- posted 11-05-2011 06:05 PM      Profile for Zack Strickland   Email Zack Strickland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My theater(14 screen) is in the middle of converting to digital. We have 10 theaters completed and the remaining 4 as well as the LMS (library media server) left to install. We are operating the Doremi servers (DCP-2000) with Access IT software (Theater Command Center powered by AccessIT version 2.6.00.020). My question is this:
Can I set up a schedule locally on each machine until the LMS server is installed? The installers say no, but i think there must be a way.

|  IP: Logged

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 11-05-2011 06:21 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't used the TCC software on individual servers, so I don't know how it differs from the LMS operation, but you should be able to manually enter shows. Just be warned it is a cumbersome routine.

Before you try to set up the schedule manually, check to see if your POS system has a compatible XML schedule output. If it does, you can copy that to a thumb drive and import it into each server using the import data function. Then you would need to set up your early & late pre-show and your trailer pack(s), and map the scheduled titles to the content.

If you do not have the XML file, you would need to manually enter the show and schedule.
Go to title mapping and Add New Title
Then go to the schedule viewer, right click on the grid and Add Shows. You will pretty much have to enter each show time one by one.

Don't forget to map your feature to your title. You will also need to double click on the title under in title mapping and enter your credit start time and channel format (5.1, 6.1 or 7.1).

Either way, you will need to build your early/late pre-show and trailer packs and then attach them to the feature. The pre-show packs are where you would put things like policy trailers, sound format trailers, coming soon/feature presentation snipes, and so forth.

Zack Strickland
Film Handler

- posted 11-05-2011 06:48 PM      Profile for Zack Strickland   Email Zack Strickland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The servers boot into TCC by default. If I "EXIT TCC" it brings up the Doremi software but needs a login that I wasn't given. Is there a common default user name on these things?

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 11-05-2011 07:02 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's a question I can't answer. If you still have the Doremi software, I would strongly recommend doing your schedules that way until the LMS is installed. The process of doing it for each of 10 servers through the TCC software is so time consuming it's not worth your time.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 11-06-2011 02:22 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would hesitate to open the Doremi software (assuming Cinelister is still there, but it probably is) and doing show scheduling there - your installer has said not to. There may be a really good reason not to use the Doremi scheduler.
If they really don't want you to open the Doremi software they probably changed the default passwords.

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 11-06-2011 03:14 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The question that hasn't been asked yet is why do you need to enter a schedule and why is the installer telling you that you can't enter it in the TCC?

Is this a case where you need to get your schedules in the projector so you can get on screen? If so, you should ask the installer what method you should use to enter your schedules.

Are you just trying to play around before the installer has finished? In this case I would tell you to just let it be until the installer is ready to show you what you need to do.

Zack Strickland
Film Handler

- posted 11-06-2011 03:15 PM      Profile for Zack Strickland   Email Zack Strickland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, the password has been changed.....anyway, I will just wait for the LMS to be installed and until then, I'll push play manually.

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 04-17-2016 01:03 PM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 1623 days since the last post.

Thomas Moore
Film Handler

- posted 04-17-2016 01:03 PM      Profile for Thomas Moore   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Moore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep. Sell the servers and reinvest in GDC. They're a breeze!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: