Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Clock problem in dsp 2000 machines

Author Topic: Clock problem in dsp 2000 machines
Oz Izhak
Film Handler

- posted 10-30-2011 05:48 PM      Profile for Oz Izhak   Email Oz Izhak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First I want to thank you that you approved me !.

Abaut the problem , I Have in work 8 DCP2000 digital machines ,so I work with scheduals.
the problem that 6 of the machine's I succeed to fixed the clock time in the pannel control but 2 of them when I restart the machines after they fixed ,the clock return back and late 14 minutes.

So how can I fix the clock?

|  IP: Logged

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 10-30-2011 05:56 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you had an error message (this may depend on software/firmware versions, current is 2.2.2-0/21.2k) about maximum clock offset reached (or similar), you need a relatively simple patch process applied to allow clock setting. Call Doremi tech support, they will send you the 3 patch files and the procedure.
Possibly with a really old version Dolphin card it's not patchable, and needs a replacement.

Anders Nordentoft-Madsen
Film Handler

- posted 10-31-2011 08:00 AM      Profile for Anders Nordentoft-Madsen   Author's Homepage   Email Anders Nordentoft-Madsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Dave is correct. You need to get and ingest at DLM that doremi generates for that specific server. You will then be able to adjust the RTM clock +-30min. It's really a god idea to set up your servers to sync with a NTP server, so the RTC clocks do not drift to much. If you get beyond 30min your pretty much screwed and will need a new dolphin board.

Oz Izhak
Film Handler

- posted 10-31-2011 02:29 PM      Profile for Oz Izhak   Email Oz Izhak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so all I need is the 3 pathes?,

about the eror I dont have eror messages. after I restart of leave the machine uts turn back to the scewerd time(14 min and 7 sec)

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: