Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » INTRODUCING - TRAILERS BY DELUXE (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: INTRODUCING - TRAILERS BY DELUXE
Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 10-17-2011 12:31 AM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Received this email on Thursday October 13.

quote:
Deluxe is proud to inform our exhibition partners of our forthcoming new weekly digital trailer delivery service, Trailers by Deluxe.

Trailers by Deluxe will launch for trailer programming with features opening on Friday, October 21st. The first drive will arrive at theatres in the GREY DELUXE DIGITAL BOX between Tuesday, October 18th and Thursday, October 20th.

We have designed this service similar to other trailer services you are already familiar with, but have made it possible for the studios to have a later deadline which will help reduce the need for last minute chases on thumb drives.

When theatres receive the Trailers by Deluxe drive they should load the trailers onto their servers. Please hold on to the current week’s drive until the next week’s drive arrives. To return a drive, place the drive in its original shipping container and affix the enclosed pre-paid return label over the original shipping label.

Included with each drive will be a letter listing all enclosed trailers and the releases the studios are targeting for each trailer. We will also include a list of old trailers that the studios are requesting be removed from your servers.

Trailers by Deluxe will launch initially with trailers from Warner Bros., 20th Century Fox, Summit Releasing and Open Road Films. As more studios sign on, we will notify you of those additions. Please note that in the initial weeks of our service some studios will make their trailers available on both the Trailers by Deluxe drive as well as drives from other suppliers in order to transition smoothly or to test the new service.

We designed Trailers by Deluxe to be straightforward and simple to use, and to be helpful in supporting the continuing digital expansion. If you have any thoughts or comments on how we can make this service work better for you, please contact the 24/7 Deluxe Call Center at 877-272-3870 (same number for trailer and feature drives).

Thank you in advance for your support. We look forward to bringing you Trailers by Deluxe.

Regards,

Deluxe Digital Cinema Team

|  IP: Logged

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 10-17-2011 01:26 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From Cinedigm, now to DeLuxe - having to handle two "Trail Mixes" again ...

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 10-17-2011 02:46 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Yup, this is a TERRIBLE idea. We were all super happy to hear we were going to get all of our trailers from Technicolor, particularly because Cinedigm would combine the feature drives with the trail mix making it a mess, but also because dealing with 2 drives is just a PITA.

Gee Deluxe, thanks a bunch there. Can you please stop with the annoying second trailer drive now?

Ross Oba
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-17-2011 05:37 AM      Profile for Ross Oba   Email Ross Oba   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It mentions that this is to do away with the last minute trailer shipments on USB thumb drives. If this if from a cost perspective of "losing" the thumb drives, I highly doubt the thumb drives cost them all the much to buy and ship in mass quantities over a hard drive and shipping case, etc.

Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 10-17-2011 10:07 AM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I keep hoping they will get the satellite distribution system going and we can all get away from having to ship hard drives around completely. It seems like I spend half of my life waiting for couriers to show up.

Of course, satellite will probably come with its own set of issues...

I get the "Canadian edition" of the Trail Mix drive and it comes with both English and French trailers. So I have to sort out what I really want to load on my server and I can't just go clicky-clicky down the list of available stuff. The filename line on the GDC software list isn't long enough to show the complete filename for the trailers so I have to click on a lot of them to see if it's EN or FR or QFC.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 10-17-2011 10:11 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
8-hour downloads for features.

Edward Havens
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-17-2011 11:10 AM      Profile for Edward Havens   Email Edward Havens   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As long as they remove old trailers from the hard drive in a timely fashion, I'l be happy. (My Technicolor thingest hard drive still has I Want Your Money from Fall 2010 and Insidious from April 2011 on it)

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 10-17-2011 12:22 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Frank Cox
Of course, satellite will probably come with its own set of issues...
Yeah...like a $10,000 cost for $1000 worth of hardware.

Kris Verhanneman
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-18-2011 01:57 AM      Profile for Kris Verhanneman   Email Kris Verhanneman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We already receive 98% of our trailers by satellite in Europe (France).
There are multiple players on the market.
And the cost is for the biggest part for the distributeurs.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 10-18-2011 02:06 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Edward Havens
As long as they remove old trailers from the hard drive in a timely fashion, I'l be happy. (My Technicolor thingest hard drive still has I Want Your Money from Fall 2010 and Insidious from April 2011 on it)
I was told they are paid to put them on there (duh) and that as long as the studio was paying, the trailers would remain. (It doesn't surprise me, but there really should be some sort of limit where the old trailers go away.)

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 10-20-2011 12:43 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ingested the first Deluxe trailer drive on 10/19/11. There wasn't anything noticeably new; most of the content had appeared on previous Technicolor trail mixes. What's interesting is the Deluxe content seemed to already be gone from the Technicolor drive. This caught my attention because we were ingesting for the first time on our LMS and I couldn't find some trailers I knew were on previous trail mixes.

Edward Havens
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-20-2011 02:08 PM      Profile for Edward Havens   Email Edward Havens   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad, I accept and understand that, but I find it hard to believe some little indie company is still paying Technicolor to carry a trailer for a political documentary that they released more than a year ago, hadn't had any theatrical runs since that first break over a year ago, and has been available on DVD for almost as long.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 10-21-2011 12:44 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Deluxe drive has one thing the Technicolor drives do not: A freaking list of "what's new this week" included with the paperwork. Come on Technicolor people -- add that feature, please.

Such a list would be helpful because there are occasional weeks when there's nothing new worth ingesting on the trailer drives.

Peter Howard
Film Handler

- posted 10-21-2011 05:40 AM      Profile for Peter Howard   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Howard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Steve Guttag
8-hour downloads for features.

depending on where in the world you are. [Wink]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Broadband_Network

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 01-23-2012 09:25 AM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
As of last week, Technicolor has a weekly "What's New" sheet.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: