Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Barco forgetting macro settings?

Author Topic: Barco forgetting macro settings?
Dominic Espinosa
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-14-2011 02:26 PM      Profile for Dominic Espinosa   Email Dominic Espinosa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey gang,

As you all know I'm sure, I've got plenty of experience with Sony's but we have this 1 Barco that is having a weird problem and I am not so well learned on that one.

It seems it 'forgets' the alignment sometimes.
One day it will be fine, then the next it will be to the left a bit in scope, switch to flat and it's further to the left and up a little more than it should be.

It was apparently "fixed" a couple weeks ago and was fine for a bit then it did it again the other day.
What gives?

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 10-14-2011 03:22 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you get a corrupt lens file...you'll chase your tail. It is best to create a whole new lens file for Flat and Scope, then change change the macros to call the new lens files and finally delete the old lens files.

If the problem persists, the next thing I would do is reload the current firmware to the projector as the Cinema Controller could also have gotten corrupt. The next step is to change the cinema controller itself...but first things first.

-Steve

Joe Elliott
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-14-2011 05:59 PM      Profile for Joe Elliott   Email Joe Elliott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also, is it series 1 or series 2? series 1 had a problem where if you select another macro, say scope 2d, before another macro had finished, say for this example, flat 3d, the files would get corrupted. What brand of lens is it? Does it have Real D 3D with an XL box on it? If so, make sure the XL box has clearance from the lens in both flat and scope. I've seen several theaters where the lens hits the box, and will screw up the zoom or focus.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 10-15-2011 07:21 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some Barcos had a firmware flaw, which was only fixed last January/February. If your machine is still running an old firmware, you need to check it.

- Carsten

Kris Verhanneman
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-15-2011 09:11 AM      Profile for Kris Verhanneman   Email Kris Verhanneman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is also an issue when your lens is on it's limit.
When you need to zoom completely in or out, lens positions sometimes are lost.

Ron Loggins
Film Handler

- posted 10-15-2011 02:33 PM      Profile for Ron Loggins   Author's Homepage   Email Ron Loggins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This happened to me during our second week after opening when I still had not figured everything out on the projector (great learning experience here). I had been told by our installer that if you push the macro buttons in too rapid of a succession, it can cause this problem. Any thoughts on the validity of this?

Barco 20c (not sure of the firmware build right now).

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 10-15-2011 06:28 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
on mine, the lens was incorrect in the lens type menu, I had the same symptoms: working, but the alignment was random and very slow.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 10-15-2011 08:41 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a crazy idea here... call Barco tech support?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: