Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » What is a Christie "blue satellite"

Author Topic: What is a Christie "blue satellite"
Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 09-21-2011 01:02 PM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is a "blue satellite" on a Christie CP2210 projector?

About 3 weeks after I got this projector in April, I had this error show up during one of my shows:

Blue Satellite reports reset Critical
ICP reported system error Critical

It didn't affect the playback of the movie at all, and when the show was over I disconnected the projector from the power and restarted it from scratch and haven't seen that problem again until last night, when it did it again.

About the middle of the show the red error light started flashing on the projector and that error message came up, again without affecting the playback at all. Once again, restarting the projector seems to have cleared the error; it now says "System ok".

I have no idea what a blue satellite is. Is there possibly a loose connection or a bad plug somewhere that should be looked at?

|  IP: Logged

Jussi Siponen
Film Handler

- posted 09-21-2011 01:57 PM      Profile for Jussi Siponen   Email Jussi Siponen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Frank,

As far as I know, the "blue satellite" refers to the blue formatter (the board driving the blue DMD). (1)

Could be a bad connection - I'd check first that all firmware updates have been applied (including the ICP recovery procedure for ICP boards which have or have had any release prior to 3.1 running on them (2)).

If that doesn't help, re-seating all the engine connectors won't hurt.

(1) ICP updates also update the "satellite firmware" on the formatters. If you swap a ICP board or a formatter and the replacement has a different software release installed on it, that will trigger a "satellite firmware mismatch" error.

(2) As in: don't walk but run to do this - I handled one of the *two* service calls we had during the weekend for crashed ICPs (well, one ICP crashed during operation and one failed to start).

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: