Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » solaria 2220

Author Topic: solaria 2220
Solercine Sousa
Film Handler

- posted 09-08-2011 12:56 AM      Profile for Solercine Sousa   Email Solercine Sousa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi
i need to create a test patern and associate to a macro to show a png image during intermission that i have already dowmload to the dlp my question is how can i do it? i have done this with Nec projectors but with christie i have never done

|  IP: Logged

Arnoud Edens
Film Handler

- posted 09-14-2011 04:10 PM      Profile for Arnoud Edens   Email Arnoud Edens   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As far as I know you can't have a projector channel/macro show a test pattern on a Christie (like you *can* do on an NEC or Barco)

What type of server do you use?
It can be done with a Doremi (possibly also on other servers, but not sure how)

On a Doremi you can create a Raw device in the device manager, with the projector IP and port 5000.
You can then send the projector a message (in a server macro) to show or disable a test pattern:
'(ITP "testpatternname")' to show the pattern, or '(ITP "")' to disable the testpattern again (send the command *with* the parentheses!)

We commonly use that for intermission macros:
- pause playback
- close dowser
- show testpattern
- wait 1-2 sec
- open dowser
- wait x seconds
- close dowser
- wait 2 sec
- disable testpattern

then after the intermission:
- start playback
- open dowser

As you're only displaying a test pattern, there's no need to change back to the previous channel after the intermission. It will also look good on screen, as the current channel's screen file remains in effect (contrary to an NEC which display's the test pattern full-chip)

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: