Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Doremi software 2.2.2 available

Author Topic: Doremi software 2.2.2 available
Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 09-03-2011 07:02 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doremi DCP 2000/2k4 software update 2.2.2 is now available. Among other useful features - finally audio channel routing to accomodate different feature/speaker layouts if your CP has no audio matrix.

Individual manual addendums can be found on Doremis FTP in the User_Manuals section. 'Software' has Doremi 2.2.2-0 package and updated ReleaseNotes.

- Carsten

|  IP: Logged

Pietro Clarici
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-05-2011 10:08 AM      Profile for Pietro Clarici   Author's Homepage   Email Pietro Clarici   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It looks like there's an issue with network server-to-server SPLs (playlists) ingest.
I can only see CPLs, even if playlists are selected in Content Feed Manager.

Olivier Lemaire
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-05-2011 06:41 PM      Profile for Olivier Lemaire   Author's Homepage   Email Olivier Lemaire   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
for server2server SPL ingest, you have to define "/playlists" as the directory for the target host (in Content Feed Mgt) - yeah, I know...

Pietro Clarici
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-06-2011 05:21 AM      Profile for Pietro Clarici   Author's Homepage   Email Pietro Clarici   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But CPLs are in /assets, so you basically have to set up two different feeds for every source, right?

On a related note, I don't understand why Doremi doesn't link playlists to content: if I want to move a SPL to another server, it's obvious that I want to move the CPLs that it is made of, too. The current behavior makes no sense.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 09-06-2011 07:41 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think they explain it somewhere in the TechNotes or TMS docs - it has to do something with TMS/content distribution, if I remember right.

- Carsten

Pietro Clarici
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-06-2011 02:26 PM      Profile for Pietro Clarici   Author's Homepage   Email Pietro Clarici   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll see if I can find something, but I still think it is a bug.

I have a FTP server running on a Windows machine on the network, that I use to store KDMs and advertisement. There's a root folder, and then a number of subfolders which mimic those found on the Doremis: /assets, /kdms, /playlists. All content on this PC is recognized and ingested as usual, and all subdirectories are scanned.

When I try to do the same using another DCP2000 or IMB-4K as a target, the Ingest manager doesn't seem capable to list content on /playlist anymore, unless it is set up as the default folder, as Olivier suggested, and in that case, no other content shows up.

Olivier Lemaire
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-06-2011 03:28 PM      Profile for Olivier Lemaire   Author's Homepage   Email Olivier Lemaire   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To be clear:
* with former release (2.0.10-0), it was possible to select a server as a source for multiple type (KDM,SPL,CPL...).
* with release 2.2.2-0, you cannot as you have to specify the repository associated with the on of the type you've selected (ex: "/data/playlists" for "SPL").

I think it's a limitation, that will be quickly fixed by Doremi R&D (they are pretty clever solving one issue quickly).

Pietro Clarici
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-07-2011 04:56 AM      Profile for Pietro Clarici   Author's Homepage   Email Pietro Clarici   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, what I was trying to say is that there is no such limitation when connecting to a non-Doremi FTP server with the same directory structure.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 09-07-2011 04:25 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Pietro Clarici
On a related note, I don't understand why Doremi doesn't link playlists to content: if I want to move a SPL to another server, it's obvious that I want to move the CPLs that it is made of, too. The current behavior makes no sense.
Not necessarily. Very often SPLs only serve as templates for other servers with different content, so you do not want to copy all assets. It would of cause be useful if the server would ask if associated content should be copied as well. But it shouldn't do it by default. Could result in huge unintended data transfers.

- Carsten

Pietro Clarici
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-08-2011 07:14 AM      Profile for Pietro Clarici   Author's Homepage   Email Pietro Clarici   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess this is a matter of habit, because for example I keep "blank" playlists on each server to use them as a template, and only move them when I want to transfer a complete program (ads, trailers, feature and automation cues) from screen to screen.
Anyway, I agree that asking would be better.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: